What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions 2022

Did a strategic restocking of my Whisky cellar... :blushing:

bourbon.jpg

While at the dollar store I grabbed a kinda neat faceted glass. It may have been intended to be a wine glass but I like it. Using it for a whiskey glass. So far it does a better job at funneling the smells than the rest of my glasses 🤣. For $1.25 its not bad at all.

20220320_204618.jpg

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
One of the few JB brands that I haven’t tried yet…
View attachment 1429487
Basil Hayden isn’t bad. It’s only 80 proof so some people don’t like it because it’s pretty “weak.” It’s got a pretty light body and some gentle spice due to its higher rye content in the mashbill. It’s one of the bourbons I have people try who have never had bourbon before or claim they do t like bourbon because they remember taking shots of it in College. It’s my Father-in-Law’s favorite bourbon so I always have a bottle at the house.

Basil Hayden isn’t bad. It’s only 80 proof so some people don’t like it because it’s pretty “weak.” It’s got a pretty light body and some gentle spice due to its higher rye content in the mashbill. It’s one of the bourbons I have people try who have never had bourbon before or claim they do t like bourbon because they remember taking shots of it in College. It’s my Father-in-Law’s favorite bourbon so I always have a bottle at the house.
I guess it will be a nice neat sipper before it gets too warm and you need ice & higher proof.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I guess it will be a nice neat sipper before it gets too warm and you need ice & higher proof.

It is good for that. As Adam mentioned, it's pretty light and lower proof, so I don't know how good it would be for mixing. It's pretty much something you can just pour and drink. I enjoyed the bottle that I had, but I don't know that I would get more unless I was getting it for someone.

That Elijah Craig is on my "to purchase" list. I grabbed a bottle before they removed the 10 year age statement, and have declined to pick up the new bottles somewhat out of spite. However, I hear they are fantastic, and I am a fan of Heaven Hill's products. Enjoy!

That Elijah Craig is on my "to purchase" list. I grabbed a bottle before they removed the 10 year age statement, and have declined to pick up the new bottles somewhat out of spite. However, I hear they are fantastic, and I am a fan of Heaven Hill's products. Enjoy!
I faintly remember that I have cellared some bottles that state 12 years. How many times have the changed it?

Top Bottom