What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions 2021

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Picked up some beer for the cellar and some to drink.
F72051CA-E215-46F8-BAB8-9102531700AB.jpeg

Picked up a batch of more affordable scotches. Looking for an everyday drink that satisfies. I have some great bottles, but sipping them everyday gets expensive!
View attachment 1342290
The Naked Grouse is a very nice Sherry forward blended Scotch. Yet for the same amount of money (at least where I live) you can get The Famous Grouse 12 Blended (Vatted) MALT! It has a more flavorful taste profile than the original Famous Grouse Blend (no grain spirit) AND has a higher percentage of Islays than than the Naked Grouse variant.

The Naked Grouse is a very nice Sherry forward blended Scotch. Yet for the same amount of money (at least where I live) you can get The Famous Grouse 12 Blended (Vatted) MALT! It has a more flavorful taste profile than the original Famous Grouse Blend (no grain spirit) AND has a higher percentage of Islays than than the Naked Grouse variant.
I’ll look for it! Thanks

Picked up a batch of more affordable scotches. Looking for an everyday drink that satisfies. I have some great bottles, but sipping them everyday gets expensive!
View attachment 1342290
Cutty Sark brings back memories and not good ones. In college my father gave me a bottle to take back to school with me. i was new to drinking and this may be the last Scotch I ever drank. Ghastly tasting to me. From then on it was Bourbon.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
It's always funny how we can never get past some mistakes. :)
I was like that with Gin for about 30yrs. When my best friend turned 16 his dad bought him a handle bottle of what was probably the cheapest Gin he could find (He wasn’t the best role model). 5 of us 15-17yr olds mixed it with OJ and killed the entire bottle in about 4hrs. Until just recently just the Juniper smell of Gin would make me nauseous. I can drink Gin in a GT and a few other mixed drinks, but Martinis still are a no go.

IMG_20211102_115220.jpg
Went to one of the more upscale liquor stores in the area, Kahn's. Walked out with some old favorites I haven't had in a long time. Never had the nitro version of Southern Tier's Creme Brûlée, but, the regular version I remember liking a lot. The Evil Twin was at the time my favorite imperial stout. Redbreast always hits the spot.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I've been meaning to try toast. How is it?

All of their stuff is great but St Bernardus 12 is one of my favorite beers ever.
Haven’t had a chance to try the toast yet. I’ve heard good things. It started getting scarce around here so I bought a bottle when I saw it. I really enjoy the 12 as well.

Top Bottom