What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions 2021

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Old Crow Whiskey.jpg

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Found an European source for Blanton's yesterday @ a friggin USD 176.00 per bottle - thanks, but no thanks...
Dickel BiB still hasn't made it over the pond and I've never heard from Peerless before.
That’s craziness for Blanton’s. I saw the Dickel BiB once, passed on it, and haven’t seen it since. I’ve not had the Peerless, but have heard good things

That’s craziness for Blanton’s. I saw the Dickel BiB once, passed on it, and haven’t seen it since. I’ve not had the Peerless, but have heard good things
I'm down to one bottle of Blanton's so I really have to look for an occasion to crack it open...
I think I will cellar some more Rittenhouse BiB as it is my favorite Rye for OF's and the price went from 26.00 to 39.00 in the last 24 months :(

Found an European source for Blanton's yesterday @ a friggin USD 176.00 per bottle - thanks, but no thanks...
Dickel BiB still hasn't made it over the pond and I've never heard from Peerless before.
Yeah, that’s an insane markup for Blanton’s, that retailer is really taking advantage of ppl. My local liquor shops sell Blanton's without markup, but they do make you buy another bottle or two in packs.
The George Dickel BIB isn’t as hard to find, but still pretty damn tough, it won Whiskey Advocates whiskey of the year in 2019.
I probably would never had tasted, let alone purchased the Peerless if it wasn’t one of the bottles in a Blanton’s pack. It’s a pricey bottle out here around $100. This particular bottle is a 4 yr store pick and is absolutely delicious. I believe the typical bottle is aged 3 yrs. $100 is still steep, especially for a bottle aged just 4 yrs, but man it’s one of my favorites for some reason and I don’t typically prefer Rye.

TW trip today. Heard about Redemption Rye from a few of you guys, so it made the list. Two Stars was on sale, and rated. Drinking a glass (Two Stars) right now and it has a light nose on the alcohol scent, the initial taste is more on the sweet side, dark fruits, lingering after taste with a slight oak, very smooth, on the lighter side for a Bourbon. Four Roses has become a household staple, the wife and son in law enjoy tremendously.

Bourbon.jpg

Picked up some beers:

Beer.jpg

Have not tried any of these beers, all had high customer reviews. None on sale today...

TW trip today. Heard about Redemption Rye from a few of you guys, so it made the list. Two Stars was on sale, and rated. Drinking a glass (Two Stars) right now and it has a light nose on the alcohol scent, the initial taste is more on the sweet side, dark fruits, lingering after taste with a slight oak, very smooth, on the lighter side for a Bourbon.

View attachment 1308913

Picked up some beers:

View attachment 1308914

Have not tried any of these beers, all had high customer reviews. None on sale today...

Milk Stout Nitro is one of my favorites!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
TW trip today. Heard about Redemption Rye from a few of you guys, so it made the list. Two Stars was on sale, and rated. Drinking a glass (Two Stars) right now and it has a light nose on the alcohol scent, the initial taste is more on the sweet side, dark fruits, lingering after taste with a slight oak, very smooth, on the lighter side for a Bourbon. Four Roses has become a household staple, the wife and son in law enjoy tremendously.

View attachment 1308913

Picked up some beers:

View attachment 1308914

The KBS is good stuff, when it was a limited release people would wait in line for hours to get their 2 4Pack allotment. It’s not my absolute favorite barrel aged stout, but it’s near the top. The Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout is also good. Left hand also makes a peanut butter cup milk stout that is excellent. The peanut butter cup comes in a nitro version but I haven’t been able to find it anywhere.

The KBS is good stuff, when it was a limited release people would wait in line for hours to get their 2 4Pack allotment. It’s not my absolute favorite barrel aged stout, but it’s near the top. The Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout is also good. Left hand also makes a peanut butter cup milk stout that is excellent. The peanut butter cup comes in a nitro version but I haven’t been able to find it anywhere.

This is pretty much word for word what I was going to say.

Top Bottom