What's new

The QED Vetiver Experience

The QED Vetiver experience. As Charles warns on his site, it is "not for the faint hearted". The predominant aromatic note (sounds like a scene from the movie "Sideways"), is cedar. I mean CEDAR. Like the Red Wood Forest, like the moth population on the eastern seaboard was just eliminated. OK, are you getting this. Or as my 18 year old son said to me the other day, "are you smelling me?" (read - did you comprehend what I just said). It is an intriguing aromatic scent. After the cedar wears off, and it does within about an hour, there is a recurring fragrance of something a bit sweeter. If I had to bet I would say Lemongrass (one of the lovely flowery herbal fragrances and flavors in Thai cooking). That lingers for the rest of the day, but in a delicate, not overbearing way. (You're probably the only person who can detect it.)

I have two citrus based sticks from Charles, Bathtub Gin and Grapefruit Mint - which are outstanding. But I must confess, my skin gets a bit irritated at times, though it passes by the time I've dressed for work, but not so with the Vetiver. My skin feels great (and yesterday was a roughish shave). The lathering, it goes without saying is outstanding - QED standard, so that's not really a surprise. There is one snag, unfortunately, and it is a significant one. Diverging opinion between me and the Mrs. She crinkled up her nose and said she wanted to hang me in the closet. Not a good sign. Bottom line, the Vetiver is an amazing stick which needs to be tried.

P.S. most of these notes were cribbed from the current thread, "How Many Shaves to the Bottom of a Shave Stick").

For the die-hard vetiver fan, which I just so happen to be. Unfortunately, I've let this fine soap run out, it will be on my next order list along with another puck of Trumper's Rose (it gets scary when my Rose starts to run out :eek:).

This is vetiver; all vetiver, only vetiver, and nothing but vetiver. Love it or hate it, I happen to adore it. The scent is very strong, as with most other QED soaps. THIS, my friends, is what vetiver is supposed to be. I have smelled many variations of vetiver and nothing beats the natural stuff. Woodsy, earthy, heavenly.

That sly fox Charles has done it again. A must-try for any vetiver lover (or luster such as myself).

I am also a fan of QED Vetiver. I also use the Bay Rum, Sandalwood and Badger and Blade.

What is the scent of Bathtub Gin?

Steve

if wifey dislikes the QED version, make sure you try the Salter's :w00t:

I love vetivers but the girls and I battle over this smell all the time.
Bay Rum too :mad:
Oh well, I wear those to work and keep the scents they like for our family time

I've got the QED Vetiver balm. Can anyone tell me if the scent of the balm is similar to the soap?

Thanks,

Mike

Top Bottom