What's new

The Pipe Smoking Leprechaun

My son brought home a St Paddy day art project he had made for me in class. I'm proud of that little future Brother of the Briar!! ;) surprised they let him add the pipe in school though.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397175342.370297.jpg

Nice!

surprised they let him add the pipe in school though.
I look back at what I got away with and I can't imagine how screwed a kid and his parents would be now. Some of it was unremarkable at the time, some of it was pushing the limits back then, but in today's world a kid might get taken away from his parents and would certainly be facing legal Inquisitions and get drugged by psychiatrists and be in the news. I made a clay ash tray for dad's occasional cigar (like, I think he's smoke 3 or 4 in his whole life). A kid would probably get detention. I made a T-shirt that was supposed to be Elmer Fudd shooting Bugs Bunny, but it ended up just a big gun, a big bullet, and something running from said bullet. They'd send a kid to a shrink for that and send a SWAT team to raid his house. I can't even imagine the responses to the actual troublemaking I did, about which I won't actually post.

Pipe Smoking Leprechaun.....or Pipe Smoking Papa! Looks just like you Simmonds :lol:

That is awesome!! My mother still has a "family portrait" that I made when I was in Kindergarten. Needless to say your son's work is a master piece compared to my amoeba looking rendition of my family.

Nice work. In high school ceramics class I made a snowman with a pipe and my old man brings it out every Christmas, he is still proud of my handy work. Also, on the point of changing standards, we used to make pipes in ceramics class all the time. Shop class or tech ed was just as fun, a 12 year old with a drill press is a beautiful thing. I don't have children but I hope the younger generation gets to experience what we experienced in high school. Crap, a rant is about to start. I'll stop before I get carried away.

That's good work and I'm glad to see the pipe got a pass. What's an Irishman, leprechaun or otherwise, without his pipe?

Too bad the bottle of Bushmills didn't make the cut. :lol:

Top Bottom