What's new

The Most Expensive Brush You Own?

That is a beautiful brush
Thanks. V&C really does some incredible custom handle work with exotic materials, like the mammoth fossil ivory used for this one. Equally important, their VC01 hand tied super badger tufts are the best I have tried to date. They deserve more attention from shaving brush enthusiasts, IMO, but tend to keep a pretty low profile.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
2014 LE Rudy Vey D01 two band, $195.

There is a funny (sad, embarrassing?) story that goes with this purchase. There were only 50 made and there was a buying frenzy. Not taking the time to find out about this brush, I quickly got my name on the list.

It turns out this is a great brush for someone who face lathers and likes a lot of backbone and a little scritch. I am a guy who usually uses a scuttle and likes Kent BK8 gentle tips. I tried the brush 2 or 3 times and it's been sitting on my shelf ever since. One of these days/years I'm going to remember to list it on the BST.

Even though the material for the handle was free, after factoring in the cost to get to Hawaii and bring it back, the most expensive brush I own is the one I made for a piece of dead coral I found the beach in Waikiki.
20180313_164037.jpg

At home there are Rudy's B&B LE 2011 TGN knot and Rudy's B&B LE 2012 keyhole w/Shavemac D-01 knot, the latter I think being my most expensive brush. The Shavemac Beagle group buy ending today was $138 all in, but I believe the 2012 LE was more. And, it's an amazing brush.

Reactions: GNR
Top Bottom