What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Rewatched Nefarious.
picked up way more interesting nuances 2nd time around.
Probably my favorite possession movie. Really surprised has nobody mentioned this film.
It has a rotten tomato audience score of 96%. Maybe cause it wasn’t made 70 years ago lol

free on YouTube, The Hard Way from 1980. Excellent and very simple tale of a hitman trying to get out of the business with Patrick McGoohan and Lee Van Cleef. Filmed in Ireland. Very suspenseful, and as I said, very simple.

IMG_7133.jpeg

Belphegor (1927), a 4.5 hour French serial. Great restoration and score. I bought the blu-ray from France 2 years ago, as I'm fond of French and German silent films. My BD didn't have English subtitles, but it was easy enough to follow the plot. Afterwards, I spent about a month or two plugging the French subtitles into various online translators. However, last year someone posted the film on youtube with English subs. A very good, little known, silent film. If anyone is interested, the link with English subs is below.

Civil War (2024) rented on Amazon. Good movie, thriller/suspense. One of those movies you watch once and you say to yourself "Well, that was worth the watch."

Watched The Fall Guy (2024) Good popcorn movie, very light entertainment.
The Seven Ups (1973) the unofficial sequel to the French Connection. Hadn't seen it for about 40+ years. It holds up very well.

Nice long holiday weekend, so crammed in a couple more
The Man Who Knew Too Much (1955) Hitchcock's remake of a Hitchcock movie. Better than I remembered it.
Making Apes (2019) An excellent documentary about the initial makeup for Planet of the Apes (one of my all-time favorite flicks) and how it impacted Hollywood and makeup artists in general. Highly recommended if you're into movie history.

True Grit (1969)

I loved the remake with Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon. Bridges was fantastic, but I had never seen the (entire) original film until this past Saturday.

"Fill your hand you son of a b****!"

Wonderful film that has held up very well. John Wayne is a treasure.

Top Bottom