What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I just finished this. It's excellent.

I'm just starting this.

After that is this.

Hmmm, maybe I am climbing the walls haha.

I just finished watching Heaven Can Wait. The 1978 film starring Warren Beatty. I've seen it lots of times but definitely not recently. I don't remember it having a moving effect on me like some other films such as Dances with Wolves, Field of Dreams, Brian's Song. I was watching it by myself. My son was chatting with friends online and my wife was doing something upstairs so I had the mancave to myself. And wouldn't you know it, towards the end when he enters the game and with his interactions with he trainer and the British woman just made me start balling. In fact, I'm crying now and I don't even know why. We're talking water works man. Sometimes I just don't understand myself. And I can watch these movies over and over and over and cry like a baby every damn time. I just had to get that off my chest. Thanks for listening.

I just finished watching Heaven Can Wait. The 1978 film starring Warren Beatty. I've seen it lots of times but definitely not recently. I don't remember it having a moving effect on me like some other films such as Dances with Wolves, Field of Dreams, Brian's Song. I was watching it by myself. My son was chatting with friends online and my wife was doing something upstairs so I had the mancave to myself. And wouldn't you know it, towards the end when he enters the game and with his interactions with he trainer and the British woman just made me start balling. In fact, I'm crying now and I don't even know why. We're talking water works man. Sometimes I just don't understand myself. And I can watch these movies over and over and over and cry like a baby every damn time. I just had to get that off my chest. Thanks for listening.
I think that it's important to find a crying outlet from time to time, especially for a man who was raised not to cry. And especially in this odd time. Love Actually usually does this for me (Emma Thompson is someone who can make me cry effectively). Casablanca does this as well.

I watched the Jay and Silent Bob Reboot. I enjoyed it, but glad I didn't pay to see it in the theater. He makes fun of some of his critically reviled movies that I happened to enjoy: Jersey Girl, Copout, and Tusk. Kevin Smith seems to connect to my psyche somehow.

Watched 1917 yesterday with my son. I started once upon a time in Hollywood but got bored And gave up on it. Watched Onward as a family the other day.

I think that it's important to find a crying outlet from time to time, especially for a man who was raised not to cry. And especially in this odd time. Love Actually usually does this for me (Emma Thompson is someone who can make me cry effectively). Casablanca does this as well.

Yeah. I never saw my father cry. Maybe when his mother, my grandmother, passed away. But my father was definitely NOT the type to show much emotion, except when he was angry.

Watched 1917 yesterday with my son. I started once upon a time in Hollywood but got bored And gave up on it. Watched Onward as a family the other day.

Several months ago I sat through the entire Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and once it was over I asked myself why I allowed myself to suffer though the entire thing. I found it disturbing, not in a good way. Trust me, I like disturbing. This was just not worth my time. Once Upon A Time In America on the other hand is one of my all time favorite movies.

86809349-DCA8-448C-9477-507312E060AE_4_5005_c.jpeg

True Grit, the John Wayne one. Geez, where are actors like him these days? The clowns in Hollywood nowadays aren't in the same universe as icons like Wayne, Eastwood, Connery, Peck, etc.

Top Bottom