What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Bad Country: A straight-to-DVD movie about a contract killer flipping on the criminal syndicate in Baton Rouge. It was a low budget movie shot in 2012 that sat unreleased for over two years, but it was a watchable little crime drama with a good cast

Inside Out
Beautifully rendered, well thought out and executed concept with many a good laugh.

Much like the Toy Story series, it just didn't do much for me, a bit too cutesy.
If you like Toy Story, you'll like this a lot.

A River Runs Through it. My opinion of this movie really changed. When I saw it after it first came out, I though it was so-so but when I saw it last night i thought it was great. I guess our perspective on things change as we get older.

LIFE STINKS
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102303/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Mel Brooks stars in a story about a billionaire who spends 30 days as a homeless person in order to win a bet with another billionaire, played by Jeffrey Tambor.

While living on the streets, he experiences life up close and personal and befriends several other street people, one of which he winds up marrying (Molly, played by Leslie Ann Warren) at the end of the film.

This is a typical Mel Brooks comedy, filled with zany scenes and outrageous circumstances. The acting is well-done by everyone in the cast, regardless of their social status, but those playing the homeless characters really went all out.

It was worth seeing at home since there was nothing else on TV at the time, but its not one of Mel Brooks' best efforts. I wouldn't waste the time or money to see it in a theater, nor would I pay to rent it.

Jupiter Ascending: The Wachowskis latest movie madness, about a young earth woman who is a reincarnated intergalactic princess. It is as crazy as that blurb makes it out to be; visually stunning action sequences that make it almost impossible to take it all in, insanely cute Mila Kunis and a bunch of pretty boys who apparently get rich off using people as anti-wrinkle cream.

I thought it was OK, but my 9 yr old son lost interest about 2/3 through - and he is just under the prime demographic for a film of this type

Watched two DVD's yesterday. Chasing Amy with commentary track, and Shogun Assassin.

Before that I watched Jurassic World at work. Didn't like that at all.

Kung Fury: It's a short movie, parody I guess of the various kung fu fighting movies. It's surprisingly good and enjoyable. It doesn't take itself seriously at all. If you're looking for a light movie, check it out. It's all on youtube. 9/10.

Ninja assassin: A policewoman finds info on an ancient clan of ninjas who assassinate people. Said clan sends assassins after her. Renegade ninja of said clan tries to protect her and expose the clan. Enjoyable movie, although the fight sequences were a little over the top. 7/10.

Top Bottom