What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Hot Tub Time Machine 2: The laughs were all played out in the ads (which b/t/w - were all part of the closing credits montage). The plot point that was missing; the true "80s teen movie" thread that John Cusack's character had in the first movie. His straight man tempered the wacky nonsense carried out by the other characters, which balanced the movie. That sub-plot and role were missing this time around and the movie suffered for it.

Inherent Vice: It was interesting, but highly convoluted and difficult to follow. The 70s hippie detective story (a mashup of film noir and the Big Lebowski) was unique, but it really required heavy viewer concentration to keep up with the story. The main character of "Doc" the hippie detective trying to sort out a possible kidnapping of a real estate developer and disappearance of his ex-girlfriend - all while being stoned to bejeezus - had me backing up the dvd at least twice trying to figure out if one of the characters was even real.

Well I saw the updated, "Mad Max" on a big screen in 3D yesterday.

Basically a mega-million two hour long chase movie.

After watching it I now have more admiration for the original starring Mel Gibson.

Lucy. 6/10

It reminded me if limitless for sure, but the effects of the drug were way more advanced. It was ok, the action was pretty good but the ending wasn't that great. And for as much as she was evolving, did she really need to be that clothed? (wishful thinking).

Elysium. 7/10.

The movie was a bit predictable, (i mentioned to my wife what i thought was gonna happen 10 minutes in to the movie and i was right). Still i enjoyed the movie. Wish they would have showed other parts of the country though, not just los angeles.

Entourage: Picks up from where the HBO series left off and that was good/bad - good for those of us that watched and enjoyed the show, bad for those coming into this movie cold. The real star of this movie was Kevin Dillon's Johnny Drama - quite simply because he is the most entertaining of the core players and his character carried through seamlessly. Johnny Drama is a fully fleshed out character that doesnt need a lot of background development - you "get" him immediately

The movie was enjoyable and made more so because I saw in in the Lux level with my wife; a movie that we could agree on, no kids and it had cocktails - WIN

~Kidnapping Mr. Heinekin~ Based on a true story (starring Anthony Hopkins as Mr. Heinekin). It was pretty good. My wife and I rated it a 7.5 out of 10. On Netflix now. :)

My wife has never seen the original Jurassic Park, and that shocked me. I have it on DVD but for $13 we were able to get the remastered Blu Ray this afternoon. It holds up very well (Except the "Unix" computer stuff at the end) and with John Williams as composer it has a fantastic score.

Last night on Amazon Prime I watched Son of a Gun.....nothing spectacular, but a real good Aussie thriller....gold heist, deception, betrayal......I enjoyed Ewan McGregor

Today we are going to see the new Jurrasic Park....but first I have to shave!

$11425848_922805621117337_1925370559584498581_n.jpg

We went and saw Love And Mercy last night. An excellent film.
Both actors playing Brian Wilson - Paul Dano (young Brian) and John Cusack (older Brian) were fantastic.

Jurassic world, 9/10

The movie was all kinds of awesome, i enjoyed it a lot.

The part where the...

OG T-rex came out, i was like

proxy.php

Edge of Tomorrow. 9/10

What a great film, i really regret not watching this at the theater. The whole film was just excellent to me.

Jurassic world, 9/10

The movie was all kinds of awesome, i enjoyed it a lot.

The part where the...

OG T-rex came out, i was like

proxy.php

Edge of Tomorrow. 9/10

What a great film, i really regret not watching this at the theater. The whole film was just excellent to me.

seriosuly. Such a great movie. I loved the references all throughout.

Alice in Wonderland, 1951.

so Jurassic World was a pretty big hit with us as well....although I must say I'm not much of an opening weekend kind of guy, the movie itself was very enjoyable!

oh and I HAVE to go see the Brian Wilson movie....I'm a big Beach Boy's fan!

The Mrs. went to the video store and rented Maleficent. It was better than I thought but I was a little disappointed in Shallot Copley's performance (of who I am normally a big fan).

Top Bottom