What's new

The Ginge. Almost a great razor.

"Ginge." A Danish company that made very robust bread cutters and kitchen scales. :001_smile Don't know if it's the same. The etymology of the word is complex - Old English, dialectic variant for "young." Perjorative for "red hair." Archaic Dutch, verb, "went." Generically and lost in history, you could probably say somewhere in its Nordic/Teutonic origins it means "red," as in the appearance of a ginger-haired person you might nickname "Red." I'm guessing the company name. Maybe Red is appropriate based on reviews. :001_rolle

Thanks for this. Yes indeed the company is most well-known for its cultery and bread cutters.

Guess the name is just another example of quirky old Nordic ancestral terminology - I definitely picture a hot sword wielding ginger haired Viking girl in your description. Fight with her and her sword will drink your blood :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

847E7374-5CC5-4C7C-9596-0EBD807C01CB.jpeg

R

romsitsa

Mjclarcks Hungarian razor is either a Ginge or a perfect copy (we imported plenty of shaving goods from Northern Europe after ww2). Although it's Hungarian, I have no information on it, except it's pretty easy to find here and it usually comes with the knurled aluminum handle.

Top Bottom