What's new

"The Gentlemen's Quarter"..Colleen

Good Morning Gentlemen,

Sorry for the delay....and a correction for the price list of the 1 oz sample size of Bath Soap. ( Bath Soap 1 oz. sample size $1.35)

The Shaving Cream came about because of my frustration at not being able to develop a Lather rich Cold-Process soap For Shaving your Beard.

I began experimenting with an old method of making soap, called "Cream Soap". I had never heard of it but it sounded like a fun experiment....My first attempt turned out an 8 # ball of soap resembling something from the surface of the moon...LOL. More experiments....and one round that went out for testing where the cream soap had a "wee bit of a burn to it" :eek: Ohhh Myyy....I really wanted to tuck my tail and run on that one... But, pressing on....several batches later, 4 different formulas and a book from an Antique Store in Normal, Illinois; Finally resulted in pretty darn good shaving cream.

And I will always say....that even if I had had, the above; without the Men who volunteered to lend those Handsome faces, my shaving cream would be null and void. It was only by paying careful attention to what "testers" were saying....such as "the lather is to bubblely"....or it "doesn't have enough moisture" and still my all time favorite...."the bubbles are to large"....LOL I don't think I would have ever accomplished my goal. ( I laid in bed many a night trying to figure out how to make those bubbbles smaller...LOL )

By spending (ALOT) of time studying formularies and changing ingredients for the desired effect based upon tester comments...a shaving cream was developed that gives a very nice creamy lather with a "small bubble matrix" that doesn't dry to quickly, has a nice slick providing good razor glide and no razor burn....rinses clean from your face and your blade! Doesn't dry your skin aannnddd I'm alway proud to say:

Hand-made by me....(not a pre-made base) from beginning to end, in small batches allows for quality control of the ingredients.....The formula is 99.8% natural.

It does use a small amount of "Tallow" (Grade A) for those of you who are concerned with use of animal oils or those of you who are looking for a "Kosher" product.

If you have any questions or comments....Just fire away!

Warm Regards, Colleen

Hi Colleen!
Just saw you here and wanted to say 'Welcome"! Are you still with the Tamarack? Oh........I've got to say I am happy your Mom and Dad didn't think 'Sue' was a good name for their baby girl. :eek:
Sue

Wow. I didn't know you were from Beckley. My Dad was born and raised in Beckley, WV. I guess I've now met the other person in that town. :biggrin:

I highly recommend the Cavendish Black. I bought a cake and LOVED it. Great, great scent that makes an incredible lather and the moisturizing is quality. Colleen was kind enough to include a couple samples as well. I hope we support her as we do the other outstanding soap ladies that help us with superior products. Almost forgot to give major props to the Sandalwood/Vanilla Soap cake as well.....OUTSTANDING

-Scott

Top Bottom