What's new

The difference is amazing...

I ordered a Tweezerman Badger Brush. I was skeptical, as it was so incredibly cheap. I've never, ever used a badger brush before. I got it today, after ordering it like 3 days ago. I just haaaaad to do it. I lathered up in the exact same way I do with my Omega Boar. Holy explosion of lather batman! At first, it looked like the badger just held WAY too much water, then after about 30 seconds of whipping it around my mug, the lather just launched. Thick, creamy, slick mounds of lather. I can see now why you gents pay so much for badger brushes. If the Tweezerman is the baseline, I can't wait to get into the better ones.

*runs off to lather up again*

I used to think that a brush was just a brush but the fellows here set me straight about that....Problem with that is now it's another AD to deal with...:biggrin:

I had the exact same reaction when I went from my cheap VDH boar to my C&E BBB. I was absolutely amazed at how much easier it was to whip up a bowl of lather! I still sneak off to the shave den to whip up some lather and smell my AV just 'cuz.

I was just as amazed at the difference from my pure badger to the silvertip. WHOA! You get about twice as much lather in half the time. And the feel, well.. There's just nothing like it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you enjoy your Tweezerman do not, I repeat, DO NOT let a high-end brush touch your face. The Tweezerman will be ruined for you. I had a Tweezerman that I enjoyed. Then I bought a Chubby 2. Now the Tweezerman feels like I am making lather with sand paper.

It's definitely a slippery slope. M SBAD has progressed from Tweezerman --> C&E BBB --> Shavemac 501 in like 2 weeks. Terrible. And by "terrible", I mean awesome. Enjoy the Tweezerman.

-Andy

CookieMan --

The Tweezerman isn't the baseline. It's the low end. Enjoy it, but save your lunch money for a fantastic silvertip.

-- John Gehman, help'n out.

The Tweezerman isn't the baseline. It's the low end. Enjoy it, but save your lunch money for a fantastic silvertip
I often see eye to eye with John, but not this time. I'd suggest that the Tweezerman is perhaps a perfect baseline. Affordable, and entirely good enough. Of course, mine is now relegated to travel status because I've since acquired the Rooney & BBE v2.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you enjoy your Tweezerman do not, I repeat, DO NOT let a high-end brush touch your face. The Tweezerman will be ruined for you. I had a Tweezerman that I enjoyed. Then I bought a Chubby 2. Now the Tweezerman feels like I am making lather with sand paper.
Not necessarily true for all. I still enjoy the Tweezerman. Then again, I'm an adamant face-latherer who prefers a good scrub to the soft application of lather.
It's definitely a slippery slope. My SBAD has progressed from Tweezerman --> C&E BBB --> Shavemac 501 in like 2 weeks.
Ummm ... possibly.:redface:
My timeline wasn't quite as compressed as Andy's. I lasted 9 months before I was hit with a bout of SBAD, and bought & sold two better brushes in relatively rapid succession (the QED QS-2420 (lovely, but too big) and the BBE v1 (lovely, but too dense)).

But, I think I've now got it about right (Rooney 3/1 and BBE v2).

Enjoy the Tweezerman. A good brush.

Top Bottom