What's new

The difference between a "wet shave" and a "dry shave" is...?

I always thought a "wet shave" was with some sort of shaving cream and a razor. Examples are: soap and water mixed in a mug, cream from a tube or foam from a can. A "dry shave" is without any sort of shaving cream; only water and a razor.

A friend was telling me a "dry shave" is with an electric razor. Everybody, somebody, anybody... help me understand the difference. Let me down gently if I'm wrong.;)

Thanks!

Dry=Electric or masochist.
"Wet shaving" is a much discussed term, but yes, anything with water is wet shaving.

Traditionally most people use water,soap and a razor and consider electric razors to be dry shaving. Some spice it up with pre and post amenities and of course after shave or cologne.

Yes indeed. I suggest you think of this as follows:
Dry = no water
Wet = uses water with two subcategories: traditional (what most here use) or canned goo (with or without carts).

bqidgxazivgdo17gyja9.jpg
oygmpi6xvovlwjshotx6.jpg

Shaving has evolved over last 1oo,ooo thousand years with variety of shave gear that didn't require water, as the civilizations progressed so did shaving gear and processes. In 18 century French inventor Jean Aques Perret made the first safety razor by using wooden handle and piece of metal which utilize water as the shave process.

Then early 19th century the design evolved into a Shefield straight razor model followed by Kampfe bros first patented saftey razor. However in 1920s Jacob Shcick patened the first dry razor wich didn't require water. Gillette in early 1900s finally modernized wetshaving as we know it today
bejqqmoot4jzamyfo9bx.jpg
uy4jy5tevjyeqfdnzwfs.jpg
bejqqmoot4jzamyfo9bx.jpg

Top Bottom