What's new

The Codger Cabin

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
From The Cabin Coffee Table — An occasional look back at what the old Codgers saw and smoked (with a little detour and frolic, here and there):

41-11-10.4.jpg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
From The Cabin Coffee Table — An occasional look back at what the old Codgers saw and smoked (with a little detour and frolic, here and there):

41-11-17.jpg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

An evening pipe and cola. How I like to end most days, too. PA & RC makes a regal pair. Don’t forget the peanut!

41-11-24.jpg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

41-11-24.2.jpg

An evening pipe and cola. How I like to end most days, too. PA & RC makes a regal pair. Don’t forget the peanut!

View attachment 1348921
What, no Moon Pie?
We screened Ball of Fire not too long ago, it's one of my favorites - Gene Krupa knocks out a killer solo on Drum Boogie. Cooper had a versatility as an actor that only Jimmy Stewart equaled.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
What, no Moon Pie?
We screened Ball of Fire not too long ago, it's one of my favorites - Gene Krupa knocks out a killer solo on Drum Boogie. Cooper had a versatility as an actor that only Jimmy Stewart equaled.
I would get marshmallow all over the stem at that hour. :001_rolle

Sounds like you should have The Drum Battle in your library. Anything with Krupa, Rich or Nelson is always welcome on my hi-fi.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

Talon. At one time, the world’s pre-eminent zipper manufacturer, in little Meadville, Pennsylvania. Many of us remember a jacket, work overalls or pair of pants with that familiar Talon pull tab.

41-12-8.jpg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

41-12-8.3.jpg

View attachment 1350105
My grand-daughter's soap bubble pipe is larger than that.

Schlitz was a pretty good beer back in the days before they ruined the brewing process to save money. Not as good as the original Falstaff, but pretty good.

View attachment 1350105
I've been thinking about getting a skipper's cap like that, but in black or navy. With my neatly trimmed Capt. Gregg-like beard and a pipe, though, people will probably ask me where my yacht is moored. (Not that I resemble Rex Harrison in any other way . . . and I don't have a waxed mustache.)

Last edited:
I've been thinking about getting a skipper's cap like that, but in black or navy. With my neatly trimmed Capt. Gregg-like beard and a pipe, though, people will probably ask me where my yacht is moored. (Not that I resemble Rex Harrison in any other way . . . and I don't have a waxed mustache.)

But do you look like Edward Mulhare? I'd settle for that.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
My grand-daughter's soap bubble pipe is larger than that.

Schlitz was a pretty good beer back in the days before they ruined the brewing process to save money. Not as good as the original Falstaff, but pretty good.
I remember the day that Schlitz effectively killed itself. In the early 1970s, during the halftime of a prime Sunday NFL game (CBS or NBC), Schlitz ran a live taste-test comparison against two other beers ... and Schlitz came in last. Ouch.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

In this Wonders of America, the Judge and Chubbins visit the famous Crest House. Lighting up outside would have been a challenge.

42-1-5.jpg

In this Wonders of America, the Judge and Chubbins visit the famous Crest House. Lighting up outside would have been a challenge.

View attachment 1350580
I never got to drive up Mt. Evans when I lived in CO. The road to the summit was only open a few months every year; it was announced on the local news when it opened, I think in late May or early June, and when it shut down in October or so.

I certainly don't recall hearing about a hotel up there.

Top Bottom