What's new

The Codger Cabin

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Dad changed the oil in our car himself, filed the points and gapped/changed the plugs, but he had the service station lube the chassis and mount/dismount the snow tires every fall/spring.

I’m too old to do much on the cars anymore. But I sure do remember those days. Dwell meters, timing lights, winter weight oil and antifreeze changes … and studded snow tires. Other than the tires, I did a lot of that myself. ‘Permanently sealed‘ chassis joints were a big deal when they first came out.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
From The Cabin Coffee Table — An occasional look back at what the old Codgers saw and smoked (with a little detour and frolic, here and there):

40-11-4.2.jpg

Because. U. Deserve. What. Every. Individual. Should. Enjoy. Regularly. From the late 70's.

Not much of a Bud drinker, especially once they woke up and got owned by InBev... Pretty sure Adolphus Busch is rolling in his grave.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
From The Cabin Coffee Table — An occasional look back at what the old Codgers saw and smoked (with a little detour and frolic, here and there):

40-11-11.2.jpg

View attachment 1317875
The modern Revelation Match from P & C doesn't have the Carolina leaf, but the other 4 leaf types are said to be in there. What did the Carolina contribute? (Aside from nothing "finer than to be in Carolina in the morning," of course.)

P & C also say that this was one of Einstein's favorite blends. True?

Last edited:

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
The modern Revelation Match from P & C doesn't have the Carolina leaf, but the other 4 leaf types are said to be in there. What did the Carolina contribute? (Aside from nothing "finer than to be in Carolina in the morning," of course.)

P & C also say that this was one of Einstein's favorite blends. True?

North Carolina tobaccos are for the most part brighter VA varieties, from later established farm belts.

Some have opined that Carolina leaves are not as rich as the native-grown VAs, or that the former are somewhat more of a blend ‘filler’, but I think that a harsh assessment.

North Carolina is a tobacco production leader, so there is obviously strong demand for it still.

So nowadays, it may be superfluous to add it as a variety ‘separate’ from a VA, as PM did in these older ads. Or the old Revelation leaned towards the redder VAs, which might justify the distinction.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

40-11.1.jpg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

40-11.2.jpg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

40-12-2.1.jpg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

... but can he pull a rabbit out of it?

40-12-2.2.jpg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

40-12-16.5.jpg

Top Bottom