The Brotherhood of the Blue Tip

Blue Monday!

1956 Blue Tip
Nacet (14)
Stirling S-Brush
Cella soap
Dickinson's witch hazel
Nivea sensitive cooling post shave balm

Overall a nice comfortable shave. Not quite as close as yesterday's shave with a Fatboy on 7.

I have a US Blue Tip (for collections purposes) and occasionally use it. About 6 months ago I stumbled on a Rocket Blue Tip (RBT) and quickly bought it. I try to use all my razors through out the year to supplement my 7 razor rotation. Over the course of the last 6 months the RBT has replaced my DE-89 in my normal rotation. Matter of fact, It has moved past my HD500 and NEW SC as my number one favorite shaver. It rest in my hand so nicely, and now I've started using Silver Blues to soup it up a bit. Boy does she give me a nice smooth and close shave.

I
Excellent job on that!

Ok...I tried a blade that I have not had much luck with...a Gillette Silver Blue. With a little work with a one pass shave and several touch ups, I got an excellent BBS with it.

Boy I agree. I've never really had much luck with the GSB until I tried them in both my Blues Tips. A marriage made in heaven - plus the blade wrapper matches the razor color scheme.

Brian,

This may be a ridiculous question, but is there a noticeable difference between the British- and U.S.- made blue-tips?

Having just recently acquired a Rocket Blue Tip (compared to my U.S. BT) I think it's ever so slightly more aggressive. I'd say it similar to the shave difference between a Rocket Red Tip and the U.S. version - which I'm also lucky to have.

All my blue tips (and I have 13 of them) have the "OO" stamped on the underside of the head. Red tips have "++". It's my understanding that not all blue tips have the marking, but most do. I guess it was done so the heads of the blue, regular tip, and red could be distinguished in the factory. I hadn't heard that the "OO" ones are milder, but it's entirely possible.

And againstthegrian...this is what Rasputin is talking about. See the circles on either side of the neck?

View attachment 562375

Glad I found this site. Just looked at my U.S Blue Tip and it's an A3 with the "OO". Also love the Blue Monday concept. I have a Blue Tip in my 7 razor rotation and I'm switching the ole gal to Monday's with the other 6 taking up the rear. I also recently discovered that Gillette Silver Blue's work the best in my 2 B.Tips. Prior to that I was using Feathers. GSB's are way smoother.

Welcome aboard
I have a US Blue Tip (for collections purposes) and occasionally use it. About 6 months ago I stumbled on a Rocket Blue Tip (RBT) and quickly bought it. I try to use all my razors through out the year to supplement my 7 razor rotation. Over the course of the last 6 months the RBT has replaced my DE-89 in my normal rotation. Matter of fact, It has moved past my HD500 and NEW SC as my number one favorite shaver. It rest in my hand so nicely, and now I've started using Silver Blues to soup it up a bit. Boy does she give me a nice smooth and close shave.

Welcome to the brotherhood, Preidy!

I LOVE my blue tips, and they are by far my favorite razor. But I like to rotate too, and this morning, I used the one of the few razors that are even milder than the blue tip: A Merkur 41C open comb. I really like this razor, and the open comb and heavier handle make it a nice change-up from the blue tip. But I always go back to the Gillette.

And I agree that Silver Blues are a tremendous blade for the blue tip!

Welcome aboard

Welcome to the brotherhood, Preidy!

I LOVE my blue tips, and they are by far my favorite razor. But I like to rotate too, and this morning, I used the one of the few razors that are even milder than the blue tip: A Merkur 41C open comb. I really like this razor, and the open comb and heavier handle make it a nice change-up from the blue tip. But I always go back to the Gillette.

And I agree that Silver Blues are a tremendous blade for the blue tip!

Thanks. I dug a pic of my Rocket Blue Tip (using this am).
IMG_0860.JPG

Nice set! Let us know if there is any difference in shave performance.

Only one shave with the Brit Super Speed but it felt very similar to the US version. However the Rocket (15 shaves) way different and feels a bit more aggressive, plus I really like how it feels in my hand so I have have moved into my 7 razor rotation.

Blue Monday!

1956 Blue Tip
Voskhod (3)
Stirling S-Brush
Cella soap
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Ah its good to be back with the Blue Tip! Extraordinarily comfortable shave.

Blue Monday!

Same B4 Blue Tip
New Personna Blue
Remains of some Mitchell's Wool Fat

It felt like there wasn't a blade in the razor. Not as close as I'd like. I guess I need more practice with my Blue Tip technique!

Blue Monday!

1956 (B4) Blue Tip
Nacet (6)
Omega S-Brush
Cella soap
Aqua Velva Ice Blue to finish

Always satisfying! Its funny how a TTO sounds after using a heavy open comb razor for a while. Much more audio feedback.

Blue Monday!

55 Blue Tip
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (3rd shave)
Soap Commander Endurance
P&G Old Spice

A very nice shave. I like the Indian Wilkinsons a lot, and I tend to use them when my face is irritated. I find them to be sharp but mild, and very unlikely to cause nicks. Of course, Soap Commander is top-notch.

BLUE MONDAY!

55 Blue Tip
Astra SP (5th shave)
Stirling Electric Sheep
Aqua Velva Ice Sport

Great shave!

Blue Monday!

'56 Blue Tip
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Omega S-Brush
Cella soap
Dickinson's witch hazel