What's new

"The big one that got away"...

So, who snatched the 1916 flared Aristocrat from the 'Bay tonight? A very nice find, congratulations to the winner (I do hope it was "one of us"!). And kudos, even had the guts to put in a bid early, making themselves a target.

And no, doing so in this case didn't cost him a cent more. How do I know? My second place bid was decided on well before zero hour (though if I had it to do over, I think I under bid considerably!).

Sure, here you go. Maybe I bid too low because I just spotted it yesterday. Not sure how it evaded me before. And it even came from a Seller local to me! He's had some nice stuff, I've bid on a few, no luck yet.

I do have a feeling though, that even if I went a lot higher, the winning bidder would not have changed. Something tells me he had a big number there. But I'll never know.

Probably in the 200's. I'm surprised it sold for so much though. One sold on the bay without the case for less than 30 USD. It was tarnished with one bent tooth, but it could have been fixed up to look pretty similar to the one that just sold. It had a 35 USD buy it now and I was going to buy it, but by the time I woke up, some idio...cough bidder had placed a bid on the razor. Oh well...

that thing looks awsome, they used plastic for the case and blade holders for an fancy aristocrat version? I guess plastic was considered pretty new and cool back then.

Probably in the 200's. I'm surprised it sold for so much though. One sold on the bay without the case for less than 30 USD. It was tarnished with one bent tooth, but it could have been fixed up to look pretty similar to the one that just sold. It had a 35 USD buy it now and I was going to buy it, but by the time I woke up, some idio...cough bidder had placed a bid on the razor. Oh well...
Had I seen that, there would have been no hesitation. Of course the case and blade boxes make it worth a HUGE amount more, but $35? Like the movie, Gone in 60 seconds!

... and the seller is a B&B member. He sell only very good stuff.
What's his name here?

that thing looks awsome, they used plastic for the case and blade holders for an fancy aristocrat version? I guess plastic was considered pretty new and cool back then.

Not sure what type of plastic these were. I'm thinking Celluloid, though Bakelite existed by this time, this doesn't look like Bakelite to me.

Top Bottom