What's new

The beer cocktail?

I'd try one. I don't see myself being converted entirely though because a good craft beer is perfection in itself. Maybe these are best composed with swill beer (like A-B products) the same way cocktails are best with well liquor and not top shelf liquor.

http://uncrate.com/stuff/samuel-adams-octoberfest-milkshake/

proxy.php

Samuel Adams Octoberfest Milkshake

We've had plenty of beer-based concoctions before, but a milkshake? The Samuel Adams Octoberfest Milkshake ($TBA) is here to make us believers. Available through November 11 at Red Robin, this unique drink is a blend of soft serve ice cream, Samuel Adams Octoberfest draft, vanilla, and caramel, and pairs well with the chain's warm pretzel bites and Pub Crawl Tavern Burger, which boasts beer cheese spread, beer mustard-onions, and bacon.

When I used to tend bar when I was a kid, the hardcore boozehounds would always start off on Sunday morning with a beer & tomato juice, then follow it up with a boilermaker. I think that their idea was that something bad would happen to them if they drank water.

The venerable Mojo has beer in it too, doesn't it? That's a drink with some history behind it.

I'd try one. I don't see myself being converted entirely though because a good craft beer is perfection in itself. Maybe these are best composed with swill beer (like A-B products) the same way cocktails are best with well liquor and not top shelf liquor.

It's all in the ingredients. Margaritas are better with Grand Marnier than Hiram Walker triple sec. :punk:

My wife and I were in Germany and stopped in a Biergarden. She didn't care for beer but they had a half beer half 7up concoction that was really good.

The Beergarita is one of my favorite summertime beverages

Those are really popular in TX right now. I may try one this summer.

The only thing close I've had is a Ten Fidy Stout float. They used coffee ice cream. It's good. Not something I'd do regularly...but good.

Top Bottom