What's new

The Anything Thread

Have you ever seen a normal pirate?

Well they all can't be abnormal. There has to be some baseline of normality. However that's not to say pirates aren't abnormal when compared to the rest of society. It is just that within pirate society itself there has to be some sense of normalcy when compared to others of their ilk, otherwise terms like abnormal and strange have no basis of meaning. Oh and your milage may certainly vary. :biggrin:

Well they all can't be abnormal. There has to be some baseline of normality. However that's not to say pirates aren't abnormal when compared to the rest of society. It is just that within pirate society itself there has to be some sense of normalcy when compared to others of their ilk, otherwise terms like abnormal and strange have no basis of meaning. Oh and your milage may certainly vary. :biggrin:

Should normalcy be decided upon peers or the public at large? This is an interesting question. If we say, their peers, this will effect other situations. I fought with a woman high on cocaine tonight. She seemed to be nearly insane to us. Yet, comparing to her peers, she may have been a perfectly normal coke-head.

Should normalcy be decided upon peers or the public at large? This is an interesting question. If we say, their peers, this will effect other situations. I fought with a woman high on cocaine tonight. She seemed to be nearly insane to us. Yet, comparing to her peers, she may have been a perfectly normal coke-head.

So then crack heads should only be tried by a jury of fellow crack heads? Or murders by fellow murderers? I don't think the logic carries through.

So then crack heads should only be tried by a jury of fellow crack heads? Or murders by fellow murderers? I don't think the logic carries through.

That would go well. I can see it now...

Crack head jury: "Not guilty. He was just trying to get high, man."

Murder jury: "Not guilty. It's not his fault he has these urges. Besides that :censored: deserved it."

That would go well. I can see it now...

Crack head jury: "Not guilty. He was just trying to get high, man."

Murder jury: "Not guilty. It's not his fault he has these urges. Besides that :censored: deserved it."

I must say, they are entertaining. For example, tonight I learned that I killed Jesus and look like Elvis.

Is there a maximum size limit to qualify? Not trying to be discriminatory here, just curious...

Well I just looked this up and apparently the most in the medical community seem to define the maximum height as being 4' 10" here in the States, but I would imagine that it depends on where you're at because 4' 10" would be within normal height range in some groups of people living around the globe.

Top Bottom