What's new

The Anything Thread

Aw, shucks.

proxy.php

I'm scared now, we have an apt name.

That's right Darren. Be afraid. Be very afraid. :eek:

Safe flight, Randy.

+1

Sorry Richard, your moment of glory has past. The title is now "The Clown House Thread. Oh, and they said you have to give back the squishy. :blink:

Oh dang! I missed the Little Period? :angry:

It's been a half hour and the name hasn't changed... they're slipping.

Shh! Don't tempt fate... or the mods for that matter... It never ends well... :001_unsur

In the news... the US Navy has a super laser that can set boat engines on fire from miles away! The future is now.

http://www.geekologie.com/2011/04/navys-latest-pew-pew-laser-gun.php

From miles away? Keeping the beam coherent over that distance over a body of open water has to be difficult. Not to mention focusing on an object bobbing up and down long enough to ignite it from another object bobbing up and down. Impressive but practical? :huh:

here's a more in-depth article about it.
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/02/unexpectedly-navys-superlaser-blasts-away-a-record/

it also mentions plans on a Mach-8 electromagnetic rail-gun.

Awesome. Thanks! :thumbup1:

Okay, that makes sense now. Sounds like they're using a femtosecond laser. That would allow them to send a ton of energy in an extremely short period of time because such laser send out photons at multiple wavelengths all at once rather than at one wavelength like most traditional lasers do.

Awesome. Thanks! :thumbup1:

Okay, that makes sense now. Sounds like they're using a femtosecond laser. That would allow them to send a ton of energy in an extremely short period of time because such laser send out photons at multiple wavelengths all at once rather than at one wavelength like most traditional lasers do.

Very handy in pirate hunting, which I believe is a use they are interested in.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Dang it! I just had the best, longest, funniest roll ever, and the hotel server connection timed out and I lost it! All I can say is "धागा पूर्व मानक यूनिकोड के रूप में जाना" :a52:

...and that's another reason why I avoid multi-quoting. Three hours into your greatest replies in the history of B&B and WAMMO! everything crashes. I hate it when that happens.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Last edited:
See What Yuri Gagarin Saw, in Stunning High-Definition Film

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/04/12/youtube-movie-lets-yuri-gagarin-saw/#

[YOUTUBE]RKs6ikmrLgg[/YOUTUBE]
Very cool! I watched the first 5 minutes, but will have to watch the rest when I get home. And when I have an hour and forty minutes. :thumbup1:

Nope. Only Blake's barrassed around here.
Yes, Blake is barrassed, but he's never embarrassed! Wish it was the other way around. I mean, I wish he was embarrassed and, you know....not that he turned the chaps the other way around. :blushing:

Спокойной ночи всем!
+1
In the news... the US Navy has a super laser that can set boat engines on fire from miles away! The future is now.

http://www.geekologie.com/2011/04/navys-latest-pew-pew-laser-gun.php
Why does the US Navy want to board and pillage boats? Is this a budget thing? :blink:
...From miles away? Keeping the beam coherent over that distance over a body of open water has to be difficult. Not to mention focusing on an object bobbing up and down long enough to ignite it from another object bobbing up and down. Impressive but practical? :huh:
...but there is one way....
...Okay, that makes sense now. Sounds like they're using a femtosecond laser. That would allow them to send a ton of energy in an extremely short period of time because such laser send out photons at multiple wavelengths all at once rather than at one wavelength like most traditional lasers do.
Yeah, that's how I always do it. :thumbup1:
...and that's another reason why I avoid multi-quoting. Three hours into your greatest replies in the history of B&B and WAMMO! everything crashes. I hate it when that happens.
Yeah, exactly, I.....what, three hours? I can't do ANYTHING for THREE HOURS!!! :blink:
...Reminds me of a time when I was a kid. Oh nevermind, even though the statute of limitations has long run out someone else got tagged with the rap. Besides, when you're only 6 years old you think a train can go through anything...
Story, please. And definitely pics, please! :thumbup1:
So, is this the ONLY thread in the Clown House now?
What? You mean there were others? :blink:
...Rob just sent me a pic of his new Tshirt he just bought.....

proxy.php
There's no "I" in superhero! Apparently there's no "U", either! :001_rolle

Good night! Fly high into the cerulean skies!
Safe flight, Randy.
T...+1...

Thanks! Headed to the airport now. Have a good day, TATers! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom