What's new

The anti-sabbatical AKA the great soap binge of 2014

Just shaved w/ the Al's soap. Holy lather bomb Batman. Great soap. Super rich lather, good protection. Slick as well, but I would say WSO edges it out in the slick department. But this is a top notch soap and one that will stay on top shelf rotation.

Followed it with Stirling's Orange Chill splash. Wowzers, serious menthol blast. Great stuff.

Finally, a soap thread to love. In the past month I have purchased

Tabac
Mitchell's
Napa Soap Co
Valobra
Two kilo bricks of Vitos
Lea
Arko
Santa Maria Novella
Le Pere Lucien

And I'm getting ready to order more MdC.

Am I good?

Just shaved w/ the Al's soap. Holy lather bomb Batman. Great soap. Super rich lather, good protection. Slick as well, but I would say WSO edges it out in the slick department. But this is a top notch soap and one that will stay on top shelf rotation.

Followed it with Stirling's Orange Chill splash. Wowzers, serious menthol blast. Great stuff.

How does the Fougere stack up to LASS, MdC, WSO, QCS?

I just realized the Mitchells was purchased last month. I assume this thread is good for all of 2014.

I also picked up 6 pucks from IanS (SliceOfLife) on the hobbyist forum.
I'm not sure I understand what you're doing, unless that is for gifts. I have the itch to buy soap because I want to try them all, but I don't need 6 pucks or 2 kilos of one kind of soap to do that.

Care to share why so much soap?

A bowl of Penhaligan's BB from member Jddscc121. It's the old formula can't wait to try it out.

Attachments

• $unnamed.jpg
    $unnamed.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
I've cut back on soap purchases after all the Strop Shoppe I picked it. I didn't grab a whole lot, but probably enough to last me at least a decade!

I'm not sure I understand what you're doing, unless that is for gifts. I have the itch to buy soap because I want to try them all, but I don't need 6 pucks or 2 kilos of one kind of soap to do that.

Care to share why so much soap?

A couple of reasons. The six pucks from Ian was a special on some older pucks he had in stock; it was six pucks for twenty bucks. A couple of the soaps on the list are shave sticks that I had not tried and were cheap to begin with.

Vitos only comes in a kilo brick; I had the red label (sans coconut) and wanted to try the green label as well. I'll probably PIF a little of that. It performs very well, so I don't mind.

The remainder are soaps I have wanted to try or I have used in the past that have worked well. Tabac falls into that category. I recently switched over to straights and found that creams were not working for me. So I switched back to soaps (after selling off my creams). The Santa Maria Novella is the exception. It performs really well, plus I found it locally.

You barely made the cut, try to step it up a little more next month ok?

2 kilos of vitos? If you load more product you should be through that in no time

I will do my best. :). I may try putting a little Vitos in my smoothies to use up the product quicker; it has that nice almond scent. :)

Last edited:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395375982.090950.jpg

I guess I belong in this topic!... Only been wet shaving for 3 months now... Here's what I've acquired so far: TOBS (sandalwood & lavender), EJ sandalwood, stirling (clubman, SDM, rose, sandalwood, coniferous) C&E, sandalwood, proraso red, green & blue (blue just delivered, not pictured) AOS sandalwood & ocean kelp, tabac, VDH, & lightfoot pine...

A couple of reasons. The six pucks from Ian was a special on some older pucks he had in stock; it was six pucks for twenty bucks. A couple of the soaps on the list are shave sticks that I had not tried and were cheap to begin with.

Vitos only comes in a kilo brick; I had the red label (sans coconut) and wanted to try the green label as well. I'll probably PIF a little of that. It performs very well, so I don't mind.

The remainder are soaps I have wanted to try or I have used in the past that have worked well. Tabac falls into that category. I recently switched over to straights and found that creams were not working for me. So I switched back to soaps (after selling off my creams). The Santa Maria Novella is the exception. It performs really well, plus I found it locally.

I will do my best. :). I may try putting a little Vitos in my smoothies to use up the product quicker; it has that nice almond scent. :)
That makes so much more sense... they are different soaps. Carry on! ;)

View attachment 427035

I guess I belong in this topic!... Only been wet shaving for 3 months now... Here's what I've acquired so far: TOBS (sandalwood & lavender), EJ sandalwood, stirling (clubman, SDM, rose, sandalwood, coniferous) C&E, sandalwood, proraso red, green & blue (blue just delivered, not pictured) AOS sandalwood & ocean kelp, tabac, VDH, & lightfoot pine...

Everything looks good except that helmet :)

Top Bottom