What's new

The anti-sabbatical AKA the great soap binge of 2014

Today's goody has battle wounds :(

$2014-01-29 14.34.13.jpg

What's people's experience with Barrister?

Barrister & Mann make really great soaps. Performance of the soap is excellent. For me it's on par with a PannaCrema soap performance wise. I have the Nocturne scented one which smells like cider and the Bay Rum scented one which is more of a sweet overripe apple type scent to me. There was a Winter Spice one recently that I was really interested in but haven't tried due to the self imposed suffering I'm participating in this year. The Barrister & Mann soaps are definitely worth trying.

I should have joined this Anti Sabbatical instead of the Sabbaticals that I joined. You seem like you're having a lot more fun over here.

Today's goody has battle wounds :(
That's actually one reason I am planning to prefer tins. No breakage if you drop one and wider than the plastic tubs for easier loading... though with the LASS you aren't probably going to have trouble not loading enough. That stuff is a lather BOMB for me.

That's actually one reason I am planning to prefer tins. No breakage if you drop one and wider than the plastic tubs for easier loading... though with the LASS you aren't probably going to have trouble not loading enough. That stuff is a lather BOMB for me.

Ya it's a lather bomb. I sent John a mail at LASS. He's mailing me a new tub. Great customer service!

Earlier this week, I bought so much soap from the Calani website that Catherin from Calani warned me about the shelf life of the soap only being approximately 1 year. I have so much soap already it's not funny..... but I found it a new experience to have the vendor almost discourage you from buying product. She still sold it to me..... but I admire her for looking out for the customer's best interest.

Got a bunch of Panna Crema yesterday too. Still binging on soap. I started in 2012 and it's still going on!

Ben

Earlier this week, I bought so much soap from the Calani website that Catherin from Calani warned me about the shelf life of the soap only being approximately 1 year. I have so much soap already it's not funny..... but I found it a new experience to have the vendor almost discourage you from buying product. She still sold it to me..... but I admire her for looking out for the customer's best interest.

Got a bunch of Panna Crema yesterday too. Still binging on soap. I started in 2012 and it's still going on!

Ben

only 1 year shelf life? I'm screwed if even remotely true :D

1 year shelf life? Oh my. I need to rethink some things. I probably have enough soap to last the rest of my life, if it doesn't go bad that is.

Strop shoppe baker st and London morning came in a few days ago. Waiting on 3 panna cremas (I'm starting to get concerned I never got a tracking # only a shipped email). And I'm looking into some things from LA ss and b&m. Viva la soap binge!

I'd suggest checking out La Toja (stick or cream). To me, the scent is like a toned down Tabac (which is too strong for me).

Great topic through, I'm also over the whole 'sabbatical thing'..!!..I'm about to spend about $50 st Stirling.. Don't need any of it.!

I would throw MdC, Dr. Dittmar, and Klar Kabinett on the list. Yardley and Ralph Lauren Safari are also awesome if you can find them. While Valobra is technically a croap, I really like it and would recommend the menthol to anyone. Good luck in your search Sir!

Isn't Klar Kabinett also discontinued?

Wheres the best place to order MdC from? Ive seen a couple of places but all reaaly high shipping, don't care to pay just want best value. Thanks.

Wheres the best place to order MdC from? Ive seen a couple of places but all reaaly high shipping, don't care to pay just want best value. Thanks.

I looked and looked and finally just ordered from them directly. This stuff better be good. The shipping was insane.

I have obviously joined the wrong group, but then again I got kicked out of the full Sabbatical in record time :001_unsur

Top Bottom