What's new

Thater Shaving Brushes

They seem to be very well liked. However, there's a chap on here who had a wee issue with one of the boars.

As with any topic on B & B, try using the search function. :)

I have several 2-band silvertips. All are excellent. These are soft with no scritch, good flow through and respectable backbone for silvertips.

I have the 4376/3 Silver Tip. It is an excellent brush. It is by far the softest brush I own. I have noticed that it is starting to lose hairs with each shave, anywhere from 1-5. It is it is almost 5 years old so I'm not sure if this is typical or not. Other than that, it is a really fine brush.

I'm a Thater fan. I have 3: 49125/0 3-band (Plexi), 4125/1 2-band (white) and 4125/2 2-band black . My recommendation is to go 2-band and one size up from your preferred size in other brushes. The /0 22mm Thater is good with creams and soft soaps, but too small with harder soaps. The larger 24-26mm 2-bands are great.

Last edited:
I'm a Thater fan. I have 3: 49125/0 3-band (Plexi), 4125/1 2-band (white) and 4125/2 2-band black . My recommendation is to go 2-band and one size up from your preferred size in other brushes. The /0 22mm Thater is good with creams and soft soaps, but too small with harder soaps. The larger 24-26mm 2-bands are great.

Beautiful brushes!

@Vlasta
I'd suggest doing a search here in the brush forum using the search function and read as many Thater threads and or reviews so you can make an educated opinion, but thats just me...

Firstly, boar brushes are a fairly recent addition to their line-up.

I own two Thäter (two- and three-band) silvertips and they are quite nice, but if you follow Thäter instructions to the latter you will find quite a few “don’ts” that other manufacturers don’t seem to mind.

One of the brushes turned out to be a shedder and I had it replaced.

All in all, while I do like them, I find that Shavemac sells brushes that have the same strengths as Thäters, but none of the weaknesses or (brush care) restrictions.

B.

I've got a 2 band bulb 4125. It has scritch when swirling but fine painting. I would get a fan if I were to get another.

I have Thater Funf, 2 band Silvertip..Really soft,and I really love it , but less backbone than Simpson Chubby 2 for example :D
proxy.php

Big fan of Thater brushes... I actually like them much more than the 3 or 4 Paladin brushes I've owned.

The Thater Funf is a great place to start

I have Thater Funf, 2 band Silvertip..Really soft,and I really love it , but less backbone than Simpson Chubby 2 for example :D
proxy.php
That is one perfect brush! If I ever buy one, it will be like that. 2 band, butterscotch and beehive.....awesome.

Top Bottom