What's new

TGQ Creams

I tried a new one for me yesterday, Savon de Comte from Colleen at TGQ and it's really a great cream, imo, YMMV.

Having learned my lesson about the quanity required with her Bay Rum / Sweet Orange, I dipped my finger and got about a 1/4 tsp, put it on the tip of a wet Merkur Vision brush and wet about spreading on my face.

It just sprang to life and when I applied the soap, I ended up with enough lather from that combo, building it up on my face, that I had to squeeze the excess lather that resulted into my Moss.

Really, really good lubrication, the Slant just glided over it for the entire shave, and left my face moisturized.
I love the smell of this one too! Great products, give em a try!

I received a few samples from TGQ a few months ago. While I had some good results from her shave soaps I did not care for the creams performance. Although the fragerance was amazing (orange patchouli!!!) I was troubled with the cream requiring so little cream. It seemed as if I had to have my brush almost completely dry to whip up any lather and then there wasn't much quantity with that. If I added any H2O then the lather would just melt away. So, while I may take a shot with the soaps I think I'll have to pass on the creams...YMMV

Top Bottom