What's new

Tell me I'm not the only one...

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
So, has anyone else been puffing in a pipe while doing something else (such as reading B&B posts), forget to tamp...then smell something burning, only to realize it was you?

Thank God I'm wearing an old work shirt...

Being in the tropics I rarely have a shirt on when I’m lounging at home, so I feel it burning, rarely smell it lol.

It happens to the best of us. I wear natural fabrics so at least I don't end up with plastic burnt into my skin.

Playing with fire, whether tobacco, welding or sparky things is fraught with peril to clothing.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
So, has anyone else been puffing in a pipe while doing something else (such as reading B&B posts), forget to tamp...then smell something burning, only to realize it was you?

Thank God I'm wearing an old work shirt...

You need to buy one of these at SP. Only $229 during their 15% off sale.

Dunhill.jpeg

Don't feel so bad. I've fallen asleep with a pipe in my mouth ... only to wake up and still find it there.

I usually light my pipe with a long kitchen match, and that goes well. But when I'm shaking the match out, once in a while a tiny ember escapes. I've taken to lighting my pipes only when outdoors (rare) or in the kitchen, so as to save rug or carpet.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Yeah, similar extra ventholes in shirts and pants from welding, grinding, forging, ...
Sparks and/or hot it will perforate your clothes.
I do need to buy a leather apron

Calavera Tool makes one that I want even though I have no need for one lol.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Have a link?
Need to start making a christmis wishlist

Top Bottom