What's new

taming the beard

I am in need of some advice. I have been growing my beard for 3 months now, and its only been trimmed once. I use the wife's shampoo and conditioner, but the hair is very corse and waivy. I'm convinced it has a mind of its own.
Unfortunately, this is a slow time in my business and money is tight. What's a good affordable oil I can use to help straighten and strengthen the beard? I hope this summer as business picks up to start trying some beard oils and wax.
I'm not looking for pifs, just some advice of the best oil or small combination to keep it healthy I can get localy.
Thanks Gentlemen.

I've been using both Honest Amish and Beard Balm balms, and they have been great. They don't offer a lot of hold, but they do work to soften the hair, which keeps everything in line. The tins are small, but they'll last a long time.

I use Bluebeards Beard conditioner/balm.

It has some hold,and helps keep down the odd fly-away loose hairs.

There is a previous post about the products. Several like Beard Balm (I have not tried it yet).

Here's a thread with some discussion of home made beard oil. From what I've been able to gather, the beard balm is really just the oils mixed into a beeswax base in various ratios to get the results you want.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/442259-DIY-Beard-Oil-Questions

As far as stuff you may already have around the house, I can't think of any that I generally have easy access to which would suffice.

I suppose the other option is to keep it a bit closer trimmed while you work out an oil/balm solution for it.

Top Bottom