What's new

SV grail lathering bowl

Has anyone got one? They look a good design for creating lather. Expensive, yes but unlike some, won't break!

My daughter got me the 1945 anniversary Olive Wood bowl for Christmas a couple of years ago, turned from a piece seasoned for 40 years. It makes wonderful lather, but I only keep cotton balls in it and admire it on my counter. It's gorgeous and too precious to me to use.

I own a SV grail lather bowl. I think it's a very high quality product that reminds me of products made in a time that's long gone. Except for the rubber o-ring, it could have been made a hundred years ago, and I think it would have been a nice higher-end product even back than. It does help me create a very nice lather, and the handle makes it unlikely I'd drop it. I will say that in terms of lather production, it's really no better than the much cheaper Timeless plastic lather bowl. But in terms of feeling like a quality bespoke product, I can't imagine any bowl that's better. I just love it, and love using it, and that for me is reason enough to have purchased it.

I only have one lathering bowl. It's a little black/grey marble one that I love and it does a great job for me. I've never tried any other though, although some of the ceramic ones I've seen do look nice although maybe a little large.

I only have one lathering bowl. It's a little black/grey marble one that I love and it does a great job for me. I've never tried any other though, although some of the ceramic ones I've seen do look nice although maybe a little large.

I've never tried any other though, although some of the ceramic ones I've seen do look nice although maybe a little large.

Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1

Seems gimmicky and wouldn't fit in my sink to get it rinsed properly. But then again, if I had it it could be the best bowl ever. I won't knock it down since I haven't tried it.

Great looking for sure!! :a14: :a14:

But as one who face lathers, it is not something I would use very often.

As borrowed from another forum (where it was probably borrowed from another forum): This thread is useless without pics.

Now I'm off to oogle an SV grail shaving bowl.

shaving-grail-BIGnew-1-100x100.jpg

A grrrrrrail??
john-cleese-holy-grail-tim-the-enchanter.jpg

That thing is super cool.

I use the mug shown in my Avatar. A bowl doesn't work well for me due to arthritis in my right hand's thumb joint.

It is the finest lather bowl I have come across. The handle fits the hand nicely and the dimples in the middle work great for building a perfect lather. IT is easy to rinse and whips up lather easier than any other bowl I have or have tried. I use it to get the lather hydrated to perfection and then I face lather. I have a plastic scuttle that I put hot water in and I can put the lathered brush in that scuttle to always have warm lather. My system woks the best for me. Lather Always seems to be about perfect. I set the SV bowl down on its handle and Pick it back up to rinse it when done shaving. I can imagine it outlasting me very easily so long as I don't drop it on the floor and fall over on it!. I do not take it apart to rinse. Hope this helps!

Top Bottom