What's new

SV Cosmo, my first SV Oh My i have to share a story

Hey all. i had an interesting experience today that i just had to share

first off pre stage this by letting me share a quick bit if you have not read my journal.
I dont have to shave for work. I have chosen this month to start wet shaving so i have a therapeutic "boutique" pamper my self with relaxation and enjoyment.

In the service i was stationed in northern italy (Vicenza) in the last 90's.

My first SV arrived which was Cosmo. I found the packaging to be a pleasure to see the Italian writing on it.

I opened up the can that has the soap in it and WHAMMO !!!! The scent took me back to a moment in my life when i was in Asiago Italy on a Saturday morning at an open market chomping on a chunk of Asiago cheese while drinking a Gingerino. It was stronger then me and i had to sit down and ponder a moment of a wonderful time of my life with a few tears. (no the scent didnt hurt. it was just a wonderful time of my life)

I dont know if shaving does this for you but man oh man this was a very pleasant experience. I cant wait to practice the lather (i only have 5 or 6 wet shaves under my belt) and get it into the rotation.

i also have Dolomite coming from a differant retailer so it did not arrive at the same time as i ordered a SV box with the Dolomite. I can't wait to get that one and see what it does. I think i will have ALL the SV products if they do this to me.

Thanks for letting me share

Senior apriliamille, glad to hear that you enjoyed your Cosmo soap! Wait until you see and smell your Dolomiti, it will raise your spirit to other galaxies with its fresh, uplifting scent, I smell the puck before going to sleep each night!

Great story! It’s amazing how evocative scents can be.

The only SV soap I have is the 70th Anniversary, and while I like that scent, it is not my favorite. I’ll have to check out some of the other SV soaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
A great made in Italy soap that reminded of a great lived in Italy moment. VIVA L'ITALIA!! :clap:

It always amazes me how powerful the tie between scent and memory can be. Wonderful tale, thanks for the share.

well i dont know what changes with each beta version. but my box says this is beta 4.2. i did some practice today with it doing both bowl lather and face lather with my omega 10065 boar. it was easy peasy (of course ive been shaving with mwf, haslinger schafmilch and stirling so far and have not problems with them so i guess im lucky). i even like the um, i dont know the jargon face painting? this seems to be the easiest to where after i lather up i can paint my face and i actually cant see my skin underneath the lather. the other 3 ive used i can still see a hint of my skin color through the lather. the lather just spreads way better i.m.o. on my face with this

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I dont know if shaving does this for you but man oh man this was a very pleasant experience.

It does for me too.

Captains's Choice North takes me Moose hunting again every time I open the tub.

Stirling Sunflower Fields takes me back to leaning into a rifle over a hay bale on a hot and humid August afternoon in a 100 acre field filled with woodchucks.

Funny how a scent can flash things like these into your memory.

Yes, its like my
It does for me too.

...snip....

Funny how a scent can flash things like these into your memory.

Lots of things can. I have an old tissot watch i bought while i was in Italy. I still have it. It and I were at the Verona Ampitheatre for the last Aida opera of the millennia! Every time I look at that watch... yeah...

Senior apriliamille, glad to hear that you enjoyed your Cosmo soap! Wait until you see and smell your Dolomiti, it will raise your spirit to other galaxies with its fresh, uplifting scent, I smell the puck before going to sleep each night!

Dolomiti is one of the best scents I've ever smelled!! So pleasant and uplifting!

Top Bottom