What's new

Supply 2.0 SE razor

Which handle do you prefer on your Razorock Plissoft? The Major figures that, w/them all going for less than $20, it's worth it to buy one & compare before picking one for Seth.

-MO

Both are very comfortable, you can't go wrong. I am liking the Bruce a little bit more right now, but if you have a deeper lather bowl, the Barber handle would help.

The Bruce and the Barber are both much more dense, are soft, but have enough backbone. They may so much more and better lather.

Are those the versions you have? More to the point, are those the handles that you favor? The Major figures, given that they all go for less than $20, it's more than worth it to take a flier.

-MO

I have both of those, yes. I have other non-RR brushes with different styles of handles. I just like things that don't require me to contort my fingers to grip. But brushes are personal, so get whatever you think you'll like.

I've been thinking of introducing my stepson to wet shaving. And, is it happens, he independently expressed interest in the Supply 2.0 single edge razor. While this isn't exactly a safety razor, you might describe it as being safety razor-adjacent. From what I've read about it, it provides a very mild shave, and is a good first step into "wet shaving*" for someone who's more accustomed to using a cartridge razor like the Harry's that Seth uses.

But, my main concern is cost: if we were to purchase refill blades from Supply, they would cost literally 100x as much as comparable DE blades. Owwie owwie owwie. So, that leads to a question: does this razor accept a standard injector blade, or would he be stuck with the expensive refills?

Thx,
-MO

* Why do we use the term "wet shaving" the way that we do? Isn't cartridge shaving also wet? Hell, can't you even use some electric shavers wet?
I was a Supply
I've been thinking of introducing my stepson to wet shaving. And, is it happens, he independently expressed interest in the Supply 2.0 single edge razor. While this isn't exactly a safety razor, you might describe it as being safety razor-adjacent. From what I've read about it, it provides a very mild shave, and is a good first step into "wet shaving*" for someone who's more accustomed to using a cartridge razor like the Harry's that Seth uses.

But, my main concern is cost: if we were to purchase refill blades from Supply, they would cost literally 100x as much as comparable DE blades. Owwie owwie owwie. So, that leads to a question: does this razor accept a standard injector blade, or would he be stuck with the expensive refills?

Thx,
-MO

* Why do we use the term "wet shaving" the way that we do? Isn't cartridge shaving also wet? Hell, can't you even use some electric shavers wet?
I was a Supply user and enthusiast for three years. I have a lot of exxperience with the 2.0 and the DE. I got a DE for my 22 year old son. He loves it. He shaves every four or five days and has a young man's light beard with sparse coverage. It indeed provides a comfortable socially acceptable, but not very close shave. Easily you can get 15 shaves a blade, so cost seems like a small concern. I believe that for younger guys who have thin beards and don't show much for a few days, Supply is a good entry point to wet shaving. For older gents, here's the skinny: I'm north of 60 and every decade since 30, my beard has

Thx,
-MO

I was an avid Supply user for about three years. Started with the 2.0 and then used the SE for a full year. IMO it's a good intro to wet shaving for a young person. I say that because now being 67 yrs. young, I noticed across the decades, every ten years or so, my beard hairs grew harder to cut, although they didn't ger any denser pattern. So, I got to the point were I realized that although there's several issues I had with Supply, the biggest one is the blades, while durable, simply are not very sharp. So for a soft beard they are not an issue, but for me right after shaving, it felt like what it now feels like using a DE with a sharp blade 24 hour post shave. My son loves his, shaves every 4 days or so. It seems with the DE design, it is almost impossible to even get a nick, so many guys enjoy being eased into wet shaving with that level of safety and comfort. Forget the cost of blades, it is a non issue, they are cheap enought and last. Ssidenote my BFF, who is my age simply could not use the Supply SE and told me cut himself a lot, So it's a YMMV .thing. they also take Schick injector blades.

Top Bottom