What's new

Sunny Lane

Just wanted to put a marker in for B&M's Sunny Lane - have it on order and expect in a couple of weeks. Interesting notes: "bergamot, vetiver, sweet clover, and oakmoss," so eagerly anticipating as a Spring fougere scent. With the Excelsior base it should be a great performer as well; will round back when received.

The Sunny Lane Experience

Recieved my shipment from B&M yesterday, and just completed the morning shave. I will preface by saying that Will at B&M has been famous for creating and introducing some polarizing scents. Roam, Leviathan (actually one of my favorites), Hallows. And this one.

I began by opening the container yesterday and giving it a first impression, dry soap sniff as I always do. You will not want to be doing that. Trust me when I say this. I won't describe my scent impressions, because I believe it would introduce a bias that I don't believe the soap deserves. It is an excellent performing soap with B&M's outstanding Excelsior base (and actually, ultimately fragrance-wise as well), slick, protective and easy to lather, that I would purchase again. But just open the soap, lather and use it without any preliminaries. You'll thank me.

As far as scent notes, when bloomed and lathered it definitely includes oakmoss, and clover as described by B&M (to me more like sweet hay), and other less identifiable notes. But to classify, I would say it falls solidly into the Spring fougere camp, but not as "green" if that makes sense. It's not unpleasant and wears well through a shave, not overpowering, and as noted has the usual great performance. Slightly thirsty - add more water than you think you need. It really is a Spring/Summer soap in profile.

The AS is distinct from the soap, and actually, to me, more reminiscent of B&M's old Rhapsody on drydown - very, very faintly, and much, much less intense. With other notes I couldn't identify. Typical of Will's fragrances, as complex as you could ever want, and also typical of their great alcohol splashes in protective and soothing qualities. I like it, will rotate it, and would buy more. But I believe I'm safe in predicting it's not for everyone. YM of course, MV.

20200401_081624.jpg

Last edited:
You do know that the first thing I will do now is definitely smell it, right? Mine should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Great company, products, and owner.

Let me know if it helps you locate your gym socks. Not that there would be any connection. :001_rolle Seriously though, a fine soap, and one that I suspect may not receive its due.

Top Bottom