What's new

Summer AS

Hello there,

i guess it has been asked before but this is a bit more specific.
I hope to get a suggestion on a summer scented, mentholated AS that refreshes, kicks and smells
fresh and strong.

I tried many and so far, i like the kick and feeling from Proraso but the scent is not strong enough.
Are the Stirling ones any good? Snake bite or Cryogen (do they even have a smell?) Would love if it cools and lingers. My bad nose needs really strong scents.

And no, Aqua Velva, Brut and the other usual suspects are not what i am after.

Hope to get some input, thank you.

I'm not big into menthol, but Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails is their Bay Rum scent (which I like for Summer) with added menthol. You could also just drop some menthol crystals into Clubman Lime Sec and be set! But I always enjoy a splash from the Captain because it leaves my face feeling good.

I'm not big into menthol, but Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails is their Bay Rum scent (which I like for Summer) with added menthol. You could also just drop some menthol crystals into Clubman Lime Sec and be set! But I always enjoy a splash from the Captain because it leaves my face feeling good.

Impossible to get good bay rum here in EU as for now and not a big fan of the clove smell.
Like the crystal idea.

Anyone tried to add crystals to clubman classic? (i am a big clubman fan)

All the Fine Aftershaves have a menthol kick. Snake Bite does not really have a scent, other than menthol.

Stirling AS's are great! And for any of them, you can select No Menthol, Regular Menthol, or Glacial Menthol. I highly recommend Satsuma with Menthol! Awesome Orange scent with a great menthol kick.

A few PAA aftershaves have a good menthol kick as well, for example CaD and Alt-Eleven.

And to finish out my 4 favorite artisan providers, WSP also allows any of their scents to have a Menthol version. For summer, Citrus Blast is a good one.

Last edited:
I just used Duke Cannon Ice Cold balm this morning and it might be just what you are looking for. A nice touch of menthol (I'm not a big menthol guy, so I like this but you might find it too weak in that department) starts it off to cool the face, and shea butter soothes and moisturizes. It then goes into a light, fresh combination of sandalwood and bergamot scents, a great summertime feel.
SOTD 20 6 17.jpg

Brut splash (the tall skinny bottle) add menthol crystal and an atomizier. Superb on a hot 'n' humid UK day. Cool from the menthol, scent...it's Brut. Cheap, easy to get hold off too.

If you want to spend a little more consider the clubman citrous musk or lime AS. Nice and refreshing.

Pinaud Clubman Citrus Musk- one of my favorite Spring/Summer AS's, you can add menthol crystals to a menthol level you want, that's what I do.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
PAA Club Guy is a mentholated Clubman knockoff that will last throughout the day.

I would also consider something new from Captain's Choice ... Nor'Easter. It's a great mentholated aftershave with a nice scent that isn't overpowering.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Were I in the EU I'd get a naggin of the Dopobarba di Camaldoli for the summer. Green melon, floral, a light clean scent with a touch of menthol. Produced by my favourite monastic community. Unfortunately I'm in the States and they won't ship it to us here.
dopobarba_camaldoli.jpg

Top Bottom