What's new

Sudsy Soapery

I have Top O' the Morning soap only, and it's a very good tallow soap. Lathers like crazy with a very nice cushion and post shave feel, and priced lower than other soaps of the same caliber.
I would even go so far as to rank it better than soaps from Stirling, and I have several from Stirling.
IMG_8377.jpeg

IMG_8419.jpeg

Last edited:
A couple of months ago I scored both rose variants from Sudsy along with a few of their soaps. I'm generally not good with most perfumed items and was willing to risk the rose scent (tallow based and a veg based) as an experiment. Twisted Rose, the tallow based version is simply awesome, the menthol is quite refreshing and at least to my sensitive sniffer, find the overall perfume quite lovely. The cushion is quite lush and slick (given the right technique I imagine this would be found to be so by most.) The veg version, Rose and Black Pepper Triple Cream, is also really lovely a scent and also a really comfortable shave: again with nice cushion and slick feel. Of the two I lean more in the direction of the tallow version but would definitely buy both again when the time comes. I've been exceptionally frugal with the amount to load on the brush for my shaves which amount to neck/cheek trim and head shave always going for BBS.

I'm still playing around with blades though my go to are Wizamet Super Iridium, Persona Red (Israeli: I still have some of these happily), and Persona Blue, installed in a late 50s era Gillette Tech and a Leaf razor loaded with the aforementioned blades. Still learning to navigate the Leaf and while it has slowed my head shave down considerably from using multiblade cartridges, I like the idea of not spending a fortune going forward to keep my dome BBS. Warning: the Leaf will bite hard if you're not careful and paying attention to placement and stroke direction.

Bowl lather build in a PAA Intergalactic Travel Scuttle with very hot water and one of two PAA brushes (Amber Aerolite (love the red handle) or The Doppler.

However, I have not cared for their scents much. The one exception was Lemon Rose Chypre - a beautiful scent. Just the soap - aftershave was too sweet.

That actually wasn’t even one of their scents. Chatillon Lux (Shawn Maher) did the fragrance for that one.

.... Twisted Rose, the tallow based version is simply awesome, the menthol is quite refreshing and at least to my sensitive sniffer, find the overall perfume quite lovely. ...
Refreshing? The amount of menthol in this soap is insane :laugh:.
I go by memory because it has been a Long time, but I think this is stronger than Stirling's Lemon Chill.

Fantastic soap, scent, shave, post shave.
When I purchased it I did not like the scent of the after shave, but I am getting addicted to it.

IMG_8769.jpeg

Top Bottom