What's new

Strops from Amazon

@Tony Miller ... which is the reason why in the end I did not place an order, although I'd love to, as your strops constantly get the praise in these forums. However, paying DOUBLE to have it shipped to EU is a deal-breaker, unfortunately.

Perhaps, it would make sense to have a European distributor...?
+1 on a European distributor.

By the time incoming postal service adds fees, and UK customs add import duties, you can end up almost double at this end on some US purchases.

I'm not going to say buy Tony strops or not...they are the best for what money can buy and he is great with customer service and to the members here and now that I'm proficient with stropping I would buy one in a heartbeat, but if your still stuck on buying a strop on Amazon you can't go wrong with an Illinois 827 or something of the like. They are priced $40.00 US and below and its a decent starter strop that your going to nick up and cut accidentally. They also come with a decent linen strop and usable hardware for hanging. I'd save Tony's strops for when your proficient in stropping and can appreciate the best of the best. Just my opinion.

Larry

By 827 from Amazon came with a big crease right across the middle, and the clip was so flimsy it would’ve straightened out if I sneezed while I was using it.
One of the few things I’ve return to Amazon.
YMMV

Last edited:
Top Bottom