What's new

FS Straights and stones ~ Brian Brown, Filarmonica Especial 14's, Le Grelot, Bengall, Chosera, Naniwa SuperStones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some den clearing from my personal collection. Please read the following carefully. Thanks!
Razors are disinfected and metal surfaces will be coated with food grade silicon oil before shipping. All the razors are honed but I assume need a touch-up. If you want me to put a JNat finish on a razor please let me know but this will delay shipping. All these razors were in my regular rotation at one time or another. All the stones were purchased by me when new.
Please add $8 shipping to the razor(s) or $15 to the stone(s) you are interested in. Shipping will be USPS Priority Flat Rate mail with tracking. Save on shipping by buying multiple items.
To purchase please PM me ONLY. First PM that tells me you are purchasing reserves that item pending receipt of payment. Payment is by PayPal. Please make sure to add shipping cost to the price of any item. If you are buying several items I’ll try to fit everything in one box to save on shipping.
If you have any questions or would like to see additional pics please let me know. I will do my best to answer questions or take additional pics in a timely fashion. I’m working this weekend so replies may be delayed on Saturday and Sunday. Thank you.

First items are two Brian Brown "shorty" 6/8, half-hollow razors in Black and Blonde horn. I ordered this pair of razors from Brian so I am the original owner. The blades measure 13/16" wide, cutting edge is 2.25" long. Sale price includes original boxes and packing materials. $130 each plus shipping.

Brian Brown blonde_2255.jpg

Brian Brown blonde_2256.jpg

Brian Brown blonde_2257.jpg

brian brown black horn_2252.jpg

brian brown black horn_2251.jpg

Next two razors were purchased from Doc. They are both first generation Filarmonica Especial 14's.
This one in blonde scales measures 15/16" wide at the blade. Full hollow and sings a nice tune on the whiskers. $200 plus shipping.
filarmonica especial blonde_2234.jpg

filarmonica especial blonde_2236.jpg

This next Filarmonica Especial 14 is also first generation. I bought it from Doc also. Please note it is a "shorty" and that is reflected in the price. Blade measures 15/16" wide by 2 7/8" long. Also full hollow. Its a great shaver and a bit more maneuverable than the standard length blade. I purchased the blade already shortened from Doc. Its a great shaver! price is $150 plus shipping.
filarmonica shorty_2244.jpg

filarmonica shorty_2246.jpg

Next up is a Le Grelot 71, early vintage P Hospital "Marquee" in non-original G10 scales. Blade measures 13/16" wide. $75 plus shipping
Le Grelot 71_2264.jpg

To be continued below...

Le Grelot 71_2268.jpg

IMG_3221.jpeg

Next is another Le Grelot, this one model 52, 1/2 to 3/4 hollow, I think its Swedish steel, blade measures 11 1/2 by 16". Its a great shaver! $70 plus shipping
8_2247.jpg

8_2248.jpg

Next is a Bengall by R. Cadman and Sons. Sheffield steel. Another great shaver. Blade measures 6/8" wide. $50 plus shipping.
Bengal_2249.jpg

Bengal_2250.jpg

Last but not least is what I think is a Gold Dollar. Its a good shaver. Blade measures 13/16 wide. $10 plus shipping.
gold dollar_2253.jpg

gold dollar_2254.jpg

The following stones were all purchased new by me. I'd say the use is light on all of them. They are priced to sell.
From left to right;
1k Cosera - SOLD
3k Chosera - $60 plus shipping
1k Naniwa Superstone with stand - $23 plus shipping
5k Naniwa Superstone with stand - $25 plus shipping
8k Naniwa Superstone with stand - $35 plus shipping
12k Naniwa Superstone with stand - $50 plus shipping
stones_2230.jpg

Thank you for looking.

The Naniwa Superstones are all sold.
The Chosera 3k is still available.
Thank you B&B.

Was that Gold Dollar an entry in the Gold Dollar Modification challenge or something?
No it wasn't. That was the first razor I ever owned. It was sent to me by a honer to try as a newbie; it shaved great so I shaved off it before the RAD kicked in:) The seller, who also honed it, told me it was a Gold Dollar. The year was around 2012 I think.

The Le Grelot 71 has sold.
Thank you B&B.
The only item left is the first generation shorty Filarmonica Especial 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom