What's new

Straight Shaving Fundamentals-Lather (A video)

100% agree! When I started out, I would lather up, and all would seem well for about one side of my cheek, but buy the time I hit the other cheek, the blade would start to stick and drag, which perplexed me as a newbie. Only until I added water, and got the mix right, did it start to work as it should, and of course the shave improved 100 fold.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I lather the same, whether I am using a straight, DE, SE, or a cart. Having said that, once I started to use a straight, it became apparent that the lather I was using before then with a DE, SE or cart was substandard. If the lather doesn't easily rinse from your straight's blade, it's most likely too thick.

SRNewb Pleased to meet you its great to put a face to a name. I have seen a few of your videos and I love the saying polish a turd.
And some great info thank you Sir!!!

Ice-Man, thanks, and thanks for watching a few of my videos.
I'll just leave this here. :D

Thanks for the advice! I noticed on my last head shave that on my 2nd pass I thought I had put too much water on my lather (using a scuttle, so it dried out a bit), because I could see through it on my head, but went for it anyway and I found that the razor (DE, not straight) glided better than my when I had the previous thick lather. I'll have to try this more water technique on my next shave. Thanks again.

BTW, if I was shaving my noggin I'd definitely go with a wetter lather. Awkward angles, can't see half the time, and a tiny cut on the skull bleeds like a stuck pig.

Top Bottom