What's new

Stoked for the shaving store

I don't know what most people's access to wet shaving supplies is like, but I'm in Canada and it's practically nill. I've got the drugstore and a gadget shop where I bought my razor (which by no means has a good supply). So to my surprise, my girlfriend, God bless her soul, who is organizing our trip to Scotland in June has informed me at in the Glasgow Mall there is a store all about shaving. Man am I excited. I'm trying to figure out how much money to put aside just to spend at that store.

Just needed to share my excitement. I'm sure a few here will live vicariously through me. I know I would.

I'm jealous, yeah!

Not the store--I've been to a shaving store or two--but you're going to SCOTLAND!?!? I'd be putting away money for WHISKY:w00t:!

Have a great time and let us know (see) what you buy!

I'm jealous, yeah!

Not the store--I've been to a shaving store or two--but you're going to SCOTLAND!?!? I'd be putting away money for WHISKY:w00t:!

Have a great time and let us know (see) what you buy!

+1 on that. Man, you got to pick up some of the limited edition Glenlivets....
See below. 1972 Cellar.. Whoa..
proxy.php

Shaving store, blah blah. It's Whisky town!!!

If you make it up to the Highlands try and squeeze in a tour of the Clynelish distillery in Brora, the tours are excellent and its never busy. They don't sell they're own whiskey in stores but they make an wonderful 14yr old that can be purchased at the distillery. The surrounding scenery is outstanding with the highlands on one side and the firth on the other. Also if you get hungry there's a great fish and chip shop just south of Brora in Golspie....If you can't get that far north try Blair Athol distillery in Pitlochery.

Top of the royal mile in Edinburgh, there is a whiskey museum and extensive shop, over 300 whiskeys apparently... Well worth a visit.. And make sure you go to the national gallery of Scotland, that place is beautiful. I'm only 2 and a half hours from Edinburgh so its a nice place for me to go on a short break. Enjoy your stay!

Yeah, forgot to mention I have a separate fund for whisky. My favourite is Laphroaig, though. Last time I was there I got a Special Edition Oban (set me back 40 pounds, but was worth every penny). If I get a chance I'll check out some distilleries. I know whisky stores will set up tastings for you, so I'll probably do that at some point as well. Unfortunately my girlfriend is not as fond as whisky as I am but I'm sure we'll squeeze some in.

I didn't know there was a shaving store in Ottawa. Hope this is true, I've been searching for ages.

I'll let you know all about my escapades in Scotland, no worries.

Top of the royal mile in Edinburgh, there is a whiskey museum and extensive shop, over 300 whiskeys apparently... Well worth a visit.. And make sure you go to the national gallery of Scotland, that place is beautiful. I'm only 2 and a half hours from Edinburgh so its a nice place for me to go on a short break. Enjoy your stay!

If you do make it to Edinburgh and the National Gallery I would take my shaving stuff with me. They have the best public loos I've ever been in. Just lather up and enjoy. On the other hand, don't linger too long in the toilets in Glasgow's Buchanan St bus station or St Vincent place. There's quite a different type of "lathering" going on in there...so I've heard. While in Glasgow keep an eye out for "The Ned". There are plenty about, carrying razors of their own with no intention of ever having a shave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scNLfr1EP08

Top Bottom