What's new

Stirling Syndicate

SOTDTIBBFT11.jpg

This soap, next to the Sheep, is also a must have if you like scentless / neutral soaps. Not in the photo unfortunately, but the soap was too good not to make a post about it '-)

Conclusion: excellent shave this morning.

PS: switched the RR GC with the Rocca just before the shave, so it is not in the photo.

Mühle - Rocca R96
Personna - Comfort coated (3)
Mühle - STF size M
Stirling - Naked & Smooth
Tabac - Original AS
Balea - Men Sensitive ASB

full

So I'm a huge fan of Boat Drinks and I'm running low. I tried to order some the other day and found out that it's been discontinued due to a banana oil import difficulty.
I'm devastated, This is one of the soaps in my arsenal that I look forward to with some regularity. I can't imagine my shaving routines without boat drinks in it!

Has anybody heard if this is a short-term issue or the end of one of the most unique and fantastic soaps ever made?

full

So I'm a huge fan of Boat Drinks and I'm running low. I tried to order some the other day and found out that it's been discontinued due to a banana oil import difficulty.
I'm devastated, This is one of the soaps in my arsenal that I look forward to with some regularity. I can't imagine my shaving routines without boat drinks in it!

Has anybody heard if this is a short-term issue or the end of one of the most unique and fantastic soaps ever made?

full

From Stirling’s email about their spring offerings…

“Due to export restrictions, we lost our previous supplier of banana oil in Malaysia. We've spent the past year trying to work on a replacement. While the current version of Boat Drinks is a great scent, I consider the original a masterpiece. It's my own creation and I'm very proud of it. These batches are great, but they aren't the original, and so we are marking them as seconds and discontinuing production. Boat Drinks will remain in the vault until we figure out a way to get the original banana back.”

So unfortunately it looks like even Rod at Stirling doesn’t currently know if/ when it might return…

Top Bottom