What's new

Stirling Syndicate

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I use traditional soaps and never got into artisan soaps but a member sent me a full tub of Stirling Old Bay and it blew me away. It has a strong nutmeg scent that I found addictive and the performance is extreme. I have a hard time using my other soaps. I ordered several samples and while all were respectable nothing touched the Old Bay.

Sterling samples are generous. I get about 18-20 shaves out of a sample puck.

Same here and I load a brush like there's no tomorrow. I have probably tried 10-15 Stirling samples. Unfortunately, when I entered my 70's a couple years back, more & more scents began to irritate my face, especially floral and citrus. I still use a tub of Orange Chill (with aftershave), a refill puck of Ozark and a sample of MITA with no problem. Come March, when the weather warms a bit, I will order a full tub and aftershave of MITA, which is probably my favorite Stirling. It's funny because I never expected to like a menthol soap. The Glacial Lemon, however, was too strong & numbing for me, but I was glad for the sample.

Anyone know what scent Sandpiper is based off? I just came to the realization that Sandpiper smells very much just like the WCS Gatsby soap & AS (sadly discontinued).The scent is phenomenal & I'm sure probably based off some cologne. I didn't get great performance from the Gatsby soap but now Stirling's Sandpiper will replace it.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Anyone know what scent Sandpiper is based off? I just came to the realization that Sandpiper smells very much just like the WCS Gatsby soap & AS (sadly discontinued).The scent is phenomenal & I'm sure probably based off some cologne. I didn't get great performance from the Gatsby soap but now Stirling's Sandpiper will replace it.
Yves St Laurent Nuit de L'Homme

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
La Nuit de L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent tells a story of intensity, bold sensuality, and seduction that lies half-way between restraint and abandon. Bright, masculine freshness combines with sophistication and nonchalance to create a fresh, yet deep and mysterious scent with notes of cardamom, cedar, and coumarin—a structure of contrasting forces.

I might have to get some now!

La Nuit de L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent tells a story of intensity, bold sensuality, and seduction that lies half-way between restraint and abandon. Bright, masculine freshness combines with sophistication and nonchalance to create a fresh, yet deep and mysterious scent with notes of cardamom, cedar, and coumarin—a structure of contrasting forces.

If I didn't already have a jar of this, I'm sure I'd have it in my cart and hit the buy button after reading this!!

Yves St Laurent Nuit de L'Homme

Thanks Dan! Do you have Sandpiper or that YSL frag?

Well the wife certainly likes it when I wear it!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I love watching sandpipers on the beach so i almost got it in my last order simply on the name and label. I have and like gatsby and based on these strong reviews im ordering some their low shipping cost makes it more easy to justify

I have tried several Stirling soaps. My favorite is Eucalyptus Mint. Even though there is no added menthol there is a nice cooling sensation from the natural eucalyptus and mint oils. To me it is kind of like Proraso but much better in the cushion and slickness department. My second favorite is Gin and Tonic on the Rocks. Fresh juniper and lime with menthol that is not overpowering. I also enjoy both the Coniferous and Scots Pine, but I wish these were available in menthol. I have been wanting to try Frozen Tundra. Have any of you tried this one? I would love a mentholated pine soap.

I have tried several Stirling soaps. My favorite is Eucalyptus Mint. Even though there is no added menthol there is a nice cooling sensation from the natural eucalyptus and mint oils. To me it is kind of like Proraso but much better in the cushion and slickness department. My second favorite is Gin and Tonic on the Rocks. Fresh juniper and lime with menthol that is not overpowering. I also enjoy both the Coniferous and Scots Pine, but I wish these were available in menthol. I have been wanting to try Frozen Tundra. Have any of you tried this one? I would love a mentholated pine soap.
I have thought about Eucalyptus and Mint on a couple occasions but seem to forget it when ordering so I've never had a chance to try it yet but I have tried Gun and Tonic on the Rocks and didn't care for it much. I thought I'd like it since MITA is one I like very much and though it seemed from the description it would be similar yet couldn't be more different... I had samples of Coniferous and Scots Pine and quickly passed those on to someone a while back in a PIF where someone was looking for those.

I am working on my 2nd sample of Frozen Tundra and while I like it very much I haven't pulled the trigger to get a full set. I think the scent lends itself to an almost identical scent of Bengay. Now this isn't necessarily a bad thing as I actually really like the scent but I get a little sweeter scent from FT and think that is what draws me to it even more. I probably won't add the complete set to my collection as I'm wanting to get through a few of the 6 tubs I'm working on right now before getting something new, but it will find its way to me in the future.

I am a huge fan of Stirling Soaps and have tried several. My favorites so far are Eucalyptus Mint, Gin and Tonic on the Rocks, Coniferous, and Scots Pine Sheep. I am looking at four to try and would like some opinions. These are Frozen Tundra, Bergemot Lavender, Spice, and Piacenza. Thank you.

My favourite Stirling shaving soaps are below:-

Autumn Glory
Baker Street
Barbershop
Bay Rum
Ben Franklin
Bergamot Lavender
Christmas Eve
Electric Sheep
Executive Man
Island Man
Lime
Mountain Man
Nag Champa
Naked & Smooth
Pharaoh's Dreamsicle
Piacenza
Sharp Dressed Man
Tuscany
Vanilla Sandalwood

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
They have so many. I have a lot but none of the ones op is considering
right now their barbershop is tops for me i love the lush vanilla notes.

Big fan of Stirling soaps. Reasonably priced, works great, not too soft and very reliable. Out of the four my favorite is Piacenza as I adore the Acqua Di Parma scent. I also have the bergamot and lavender, somehow it has some C&S DNA, but it's not close at all. It's a bit medicinal but still pretty pleasant. I wouldn't wear it as a perfume but as an aftershave that's close to my skin, it's fine.

My favorite scent from their line is their barbershop.

I love Stirling soaps as well. I haven't tried any of the ones you are asking about. I did recently get a bath soap free sample along with my order. It was called Stirling Green. It was not good. I threw it away after keeping it in the shower for a few days.

If you like the smell of Green Tea (I guess that's what they were going for) maybe you'll like it? I like to drink Green Tea but Stirling Green wasn't good smelling to me.

I'd like to see them make "Texas on Fire" without the fire. :) It smells pretty good. I have the full size container. I think it would be better just with the strong Cedar scent without the smoke scent.

I am looking at four to try and would like some opinions. These are Frozen Tundra, Bergemot Lavender, Spice, and Piacenza. Thank you.
I have a set of Stirling Spice and feel it is great Old Spice scent. I'm really not good enough to decipher between new and old as its just been so long since the old version was made, but it is a great old spice scent...

Piacenza is a great cologne scent. As noted above it is an Aqua De Parma clone and while I did enjoy it very much I actually liked Sandpiper the best of all their Cologne scents and have a set of that scent in stead.

Frozen Tundra is one of those scents that one just shouldn't really like but can't help it!! To me...its dead knock off of Bengay creme!! Not a problem though as I happen to love that scent. Maybe not love it enough to get the set from Stirling but love it enough I had to try a 2nd sample puck. To me the shave feel is what makes this a must have I think. There's a good amount of menthol in it but from what I understand its not anywhere near the glacial soaps that Rod and Mandy do. Not so much on the 1st lather, but the 2nd and 3rd are really great and I have to just let it set for a few minutes before starting the pass because it feel so good. I have MITA for my menthol Stirling soap and love it for the scent also and my tub is nearing its end and will make my mind up to either replace it with the same or FT... Verdict is still out as of right now.

Top Bottom