What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Ben Franklin and Sandalwood are my favorite scents so far.

Though, that will most likely change once they release their fern scent.

Stirling Clubman is a favorite too, but can't recommend unobtanium.

Hi everyone,

I'm quite excited because Rod of Stirling Shave Co just confirmed he is going to release a line EdT's by the end of May!

Wanted to let you guys know!

I am a big fan of Stirling soaps as they cannot be beat, in my opinion, for an all around excellent shave and a great value. I really enjoy a number of their scents, although I have not tried too many yet. My favorites so far are Sandalwood and Gentleman. Have tried Wintergreen and Lime, which I also like. Although after having it for a year, the Lime puck has lost some of its scent. I have a puck of Rose but have not used it yet.

Just bought a sample of Lemon Chill along with the matching Witch Hazel, AV Splash and AV Balm. First shave was this morning. As usual from Stirling an excellent all around shave. The lemon soap scent was enjoyable and it was definitely cold. I thought that using the full line for one shave would be too cold and maybe uncomfortable, but I was wrong. Great products, definitely recommended. I will be using this as part of my summer (if summer ever gets to NYC) rotation and will purchase these products again.

A couple of weeks ago, I realized that I have a number of very nice quality citrus shaving soaps and not too much else for variety. I made a plan to rectify the situation, and thought I would start looking for and buying soaps with other than a citrus base. One of my first purchases was Stirling Almond Creme. I live in the mountains of AZ and today is in the forties with high winds and gusts up to almost 50mph. I was looking for something warm and soothing for todays shave and the Stirling Almond Creme sounded and smelled, in the tub, like it would fill the bill. Like all the Stirling Soaps I have tried, it formed a thick yogurt like lather quickly and easily. I used a lather bowl, and my old and very first badger brush. For a razor, I was feeling nostalgic and picked my first DE a Merkur 34C. I found the scent of this soap just delightful. Tones of roasted almond with Thanksgiving pie spices, think warm pecan pie. Both the soap and the splash have a strong but mellow roasted almond scent that seems to be lasting longer than the scents in most of my soaps. The scent drew my wife out of her reading chair, with an "ooooh I like that one". The lather was very slick and provided the typical Stirling quality cushion. All in all,it was a wonderful shave. That little Merkur, even though it is not a expensive fancy razor, consistently gives a darn nice shave. I shaved about an hour and a half ago and I can still easily smell the scent of roasted almonds and warm spices as I type this up. I hope this is not a repeat thread, I searched for Stirling Almond Creme and did not find anything, so I thought you all might like the tip. I really liked this soap, in fact it climbed right up into my favorites.
IMG_0009.jpg

When I asked if some of their soaps have stronger scent, I was told by Stirling that Almond and Black Cherry are the two of the strongest and longest lasting scents for their soaps, followed by Ozark Mountain. So I guess it's not surprising that you're finding the scent to be stronger than others.

Stirling performs incredibly well for me, and I've gone through quite a few soaps and creams in the past 2+ years.
I'm debating Bergamot-Lavender next, or, maybe, just maybe giving B&M Lavender Reserve a try.

I loved this stuff when I first bought it and although it's seriously cold, it was ultimately the lemon scent which became too overpowering for my senses. Odd that it worked out that way. I bought a tub of Iced Pineapple and I couldn't be happier!

Stirling is killer soap. Menthol just makes it that much more awesome. Good stuff!

Top Bottom