What's new

Stirling Syndicate

I got several but I started with Sandlewood soap and Aftershave.. I had never used a sandlewood scent before. I was expecting it to smell like a head shop but it was light and pleasant, not a perfume smell just sandlewood.. Imagine smelling fresh sawdust but in a good way, like cloths stored in a cedar closet. Definitely for those that want to smell clean and nice but not take over the room.

i must agree, i get the best shave with stirling soaps, a massive improvement over my previous soaps, i have naked and smooth and barbershop, their product is quite remarkable

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Stirling samples rock. Notice how thick the samples are (bottom three)

AA

Last edited by a moderator:
Stirling samples rock. Notice how thick the samples are (bottom three)

AA

I live in Tennessee but can't handle that Gatlinburg scent! :thumbdown. However, I like all of the others that I've smelled especially Executive Man. :thumbup1:. I'm currently working on a sample of Iced Pineapple and find the menthol to be the perfect amount.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Tennessee but can't handle that Gatlinburg scent! :thumbdown. However, I like all of the others that I've smelled especially Executive Man. :thumbup1:. I'm currently working on a sample of Iced Pineapple and find the menthol to be the perfect amount.

What is it you found you couldn't handle on the scent? I'm curious and I was planning to order some Gatlinburg mostly because I'm from Tennessee. Is it overpowering as far as strength?

I enjoy a strong scent, so that's not it. The profile is dark, not a simple fern scent to my nose. PM your address and I'll send my sample to you if you want. I'm more of a cologne scent kind of guy, but I still appreciated Ozark Mtn. Obviously I liked Executive Man, Sharp Dressed Man (not quite too "green" for my tastes), Iced Pineapple, MITA (lime vibe). I have a small number of recently acquired Stirling pucks and samples and enjoy all except Gatlinburg. In fact, none of my friends or family so far has liked it.

I'm from TN and quite like Gatlinburg. It's just a name of a scent. Probably could have been Stowe or Telluride just as easy. I guess i can relate it to winter when we rent chalets in Gatlinburg (if i really have to try to relate the scent to the place) since it is a darker, woody scent but thats a leap. My wife likes it OK but it isn't her favorite (I got the bath bar too).

Scent is very YMMV. I'd take [MENTION=78901]NyquistRate[/MENTION] up on his generous offer of a sample and see for yourself since that's the only way to know.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Interesting. I like Ozark better; both are woodsy, Gatlinburg is more rosiny, I guess.

Used Ozark at Christmas so now it reminds me of that: fresh cut spruce.

AA

I'm from TN and quite like Gatlinburg. It's just a name of a scent. Probably could have been Stowe or Telluride just as easy.
. . . Scent is very YMMV.

Yeah, I was playing around with the name. In my opinion, scents fall under YMMV more than anything else in this forum.

Interesting. I like Ozark better; both are woodsy, Gatlinburg is more rosiny, I guess.

Used Ozark at Christmas so now it reminds me of that: fresh cut spruce.

This. Thanks for describing what I could not.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I love Stirling's scents, but Gatlinburg is one I didn't much like either. Very much an acquired taste.

Barbershop is my favorite.

Top Bottom