What's new

Stirling - Barbershop and EM still top choices?

Morning, guys.

So I ran into a motherload of vintage Surrey I've been working through for the past couple years. As such, I haven't even looked at the Stirling offerings since. Cool weather is tight around the corner, though, and my sister wants to get me a few soaps.

Are Barbershop and Executive Man still the biggest Mainstays? Do they still do limited seasonal offerings? If so, what are they and how do they rank? Not looking good anything mentholated and if I do I'll just put some menthol into an aftershave.

What do you guys think? Do they have anything new that would fit the bill for a nice holiday soap?

Morning, guys.

So I ran into a motherload of vintage Surrey I've been working through for the past couple years. As such, I haven't even looked at the Stirling offerings since. Cool weather is tight around the corner, though, and my sister wants to get me a few soaps.

Are Barbershop and Executive Man still the biggest Mainstays? Do they still do limited seasonal offerings? If so, what are they and how do they rank? Not looking good anything mentholated and if I do I'll just put some menthol into an aftershave.

What do you guys think? Do they have anything new that would fit the bill for a nice holiday soap?
I have been on a Glacial kick for just over a year now rotating Frozen Tundra, Glacial Citron, and Glacial Satsuma and that includes bath bars also!! I think Rod and Mandy have created a glacial nut job out of me, I just can't get enough regardless of what season it is!!

I'm not sure as to what's new worth trying as they all are worth trying imo, but I would suggest for those that use seasonal soaps to consider Bay Rum, Spice, or Noir if you can find it. Noir will be released soon as part of the Fall/Winter release...

Electric Sheep is my favorite. Very heavy citronella/lemon scent and their sheep mutton base. I think their sheep mutton soaps are just a notch better shavers than the 'regular' base.
I'm just afraid I wouldn't be a big fan of the scent. I'm partial to woodsy scents for the upcoming time of year. I've already been through Ozark, mountain man, coniferous, ramblin man, executive man as well as a few others. The Christmas Eve the other year was awesome, hoping they reissue it.

I'm definitely no stranger to the soaps, I just haven't tried any in a couple years so wasn't sure about what new scents are the latest and greatest or what holiday ones may be coming up soon!

None of these are new, and they're not seasonal releases but my suggestions are:

Bay Rum
Stirling Spice
Haverford
Bay Rum
&
Bay Rum

None of these are new, and they're not seasonal releases but my suggestions are:

Bay Rum
Stirling Spice
Haverford
Bay Rum
&
Bay Rum
I love me some bay rum but in aftershave form. Clove and cinnamon in a shaving soap doesn't get along well with my skin unfortunately.

Haverford is on the 'maybe try' list.

I recently got a few Stirling soaps and barbershop is definitely my favourite out of them.

I tried barbershop, mountain man and boat drinks. Barbershop was amazing, the post shave moisturising feel and smell are both great ; mountain man was decent, a pleasant scent but not as moisturising as barbershop imo. I absolutely hated boat drinks, I couldn’t wait to wash that lather off my face.

I now have a Deep Blue Sea on the way to me which I hope I’ll enjoy. However barbershop is the only one I see myself buying again.

I love me some bay rum but in aftershave form. Clove and cinnamon in a shaving soap doesn't get along well with my skin unfortunately.

Haverford is on the 'maybe try' list.
Don't be fooled by most that think Rod uses a bunch of clove in his recipe for Bay Rum... There's just a hint of clove but what really makes the Bay Rum different from everyone else is the nutmeg. To me the nutmeg and cinnamon is what makes his so special as it has that island spice scent that is like no other Bay Rum on the market.

They usually release their fall scents around Labor Day weekend. Autumn Glory is my favorite Stirling cooler weather scent. I am probably one of the few that don't like the cologne dupe scents as much (except Piacenza which is a summer favorite) I like Rod and Mandy's creations best. Gatlinburg is another fall favorite, and Glastonbury (if you are okay with patchouli) is probably my favorite overall scent from them.

I'm just afraid I wouldn't be a big fan of the scent. I'm partial to woodsy scents for the upcoming time of year. I've already been through Ozark, mountain man, coniferous, ramblin man, executive man as well as a few others. The Christmas Eve the other year was awesome, hoping they reissue it.

I'm definitely no stranger to the soaps, I just haven't tried any in a couple years so wasn't sure about what new scents are the latest and greatest or what holiday ones may be coming up soon!
Scot’s Pine Sheep might interest you.

If they do Christmas Eve again it would probably come out during their Black Friday releases. It is a great scent.

I tried Waves of Grain A/S because it was a sale item, and I am glad I did. I love it so much I stocked up at the sales price.

For cold weather I like Stirling Gentleman and Hot Apple Cider. My wife's absolute favorite offering is their Sharp Dressed Man---I'll always have a bottle of that aftershave around.

Forgot to add that their Vanilla Sandalwood is great too.

I recently got a few Stirling soaps and barbershop is definitely my favourite out of them.

I tried barbershop, mountain man and boat drinks. Barbershop was amazing, the post shave moisturising feel and smell are both great ; mountain man was decent, a pleasant scent but not as moisturising as barbershop imo. I absolutely hated boat drinks, I couldn’t wait to wash that lather off my face.

I now have a Deep Blue Sea on the way to me which I hope I’ll enjoy. However barbershop is the only one I see myself buying again.
I've heard that more often about Boat Drinks...it's usually a love or hate soap.

I have samples of after shaves:

Scent #1: Autumn Glory
Scent #2: Sharp Dressed Man
Scent #3: Stirling Gentleman
Scent #4: Ben Franklin

and a bottle of Bay Rum edt in my cart.

Top Bottom