What's new

Stimulus check....

"I don't "need" it. And I'm basically just taking money somebody else paid in".

There's plenty of folk out there who don't think like this. This ain't a dig at any one but we've all seen or read about folk who just take even during these weird times. Good we're all still getting along.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I don't have a basement, and my crawl space is too damp.... They'd melt in my attic.... Dang!
Oh, I can see it now. You see a sale on Arko and decide to just get a measly $25 dollars worth and take a chance on it surviving the crawl space.

Two weeks later moisture caused the Arko to self lather and your property looks like an airport runway covered in foam for a crash landing.

If I wasn't on my May'd in USA month right now, I'd bust out the Arko. Ok. June 1st shave will be with Arko, a boar and a Turkish blade.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
"I don't "need" it. And I'm basically just taking money somebody else paid in".

There's plenty of folk out there who don't think like this. This ain't a dig at any one but we've all seen or read about folk who just take even during these weird times. Good we're all still getting along.

I don’t need that money . Just like that guy from England.

I don't have a basement, and my crawl space is too damp.... They'd melt in my attic.... Dang!

Ah, man, 1200 Arko sticks would fit in a dresser drawer with room to spare. I say go for it, if you think you'll live long enough to use it up

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Ah, man, 1200 Arko sticks would fit in a dresser drawer with room to spare. I say go for it, if you think you'll live long enough to use it up
Oh, I ain't gonna live near that long, I'm married to The War Department!

I'm just thinking about how much that $1200 investment will be worth for my eventual grandkids!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Oh, I ain't gonna live near that long, I'm married to The War Department!

I'm just thinking about how much that $1200 investment will be worth for my eventual grandkids!
If you did buy 1200 sticks of Arko I think the absolute best thing to do would be to get it in some gangsters secret vault and then open it on live TV. Maybe Geraldo would consider coming out of retirement.

i bought a 12 pack of arko 3 years ago. i think i still have about 4-6 sticks left and thats using it every shave, and losing the ones on vacation/travel.

we used our stimulus check to pay down some debt and get the kids a nintendo switch with animal crossing. it took about 10 days of going to walmart to find one, everywhere has been sold out in a 250 mile radius.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
If I wasn't on my May'd in USA month right now, I'd bust out the Arko. Ok. June 1st shave will be with Arko, a boar and a Turkish blade.
Bad form, quoting myself...

Just to let you know I did do a Turkish shave today as described above, but rather than Arko, I went with the GZD Berber which is very similar. Always a good shave.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I didn’t need it but I sure as hell spent it. I sent my niece and nephew a brand new Nintendo Switch each, and snagged one for myself. Yeah I know It will be deducted from 2021 taxes. Whatever.

Bring on Stimulus check #2 !!

I didn’t need it but I sure as hell spent it. I sent my niece and nephew a brand new Nintendo Switch each, and snagged one for myself. Yeah I know It will be deducted from 2021 taxes. Whatever.

Bring on Stimulus check #2 !!
No one's 2021 refund (filed by April 15, 2021 for tax year 2020) should be deducted for receiving a stimulus check. Apparently it will have to be reported on the 1040, but is considered a tax credit, so it does not effect taxable income.

FarmerTan

Mine is still sitting in the bank.

I don't feel the least bit stimulated!

Good on you,@Toothpick ! Everyone needs a favorite Unkle!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Mine is still sitting in the bank.

I don't feel the least bit stimulated!

Good on you,@Toothpick ! Everyone needs a favorite Unkle!
That’s what they wanted us to do right? Blow it on materialistic crap? I don’t have any regrets. The Switch is my new favorite gaming system. From one Uncle to another - Thanks Uncle Sam!

FarmerTan

That’s what they wanted us to do right? Blow it on materialistic crap? I don’t have any regrets. The Switch is my new favorite gaming system. From one Uncle to another - Thanks Uncle Sam!
Don't know if you ever played Intellivision, but they are coming back on 10/10/2020. I'm stoked, AND.....The War Department has approved the expenditure! Very kool sounding/looking system. Google it. I think you will buy it, lol.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
No way! I’m not that old. The oldest system I recall is an Atari that my cousins had. I think we played Pong...I was probably 6 or 7. I’m only 36 yr old. But beyond that I know we had every gaming system. I just never played it because you see, I had 2 older brothers. And they bullied me and got seniority. Every Nintendo system. Sega. Game Cube. Blah blah. They always got first dibs.

Beyond that it was...maybe 1996?? And I could not get to my friends house fast enough to play Sim City on his PC. I loved that game and still do.

I’m kinda looking forward go the PS5 and Xbox X ...is it the Xbox X? I don’t know. The press releases have been delayed. But I bet I get one of the two.

Top Bottom