What's new

steveclarkus Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Member Interviews - Meet Member steveclarkus

29880.jpg

@steveclarkus has been a member of B&B since May 14, 2010

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

It has been so long I don’t even remember how I came across it but I’ve always enjoyed shaving so I suppose that is why I stayed with it. Also, met some good fellows to chat with. I had just gone back to shaving with a DE because of the cost of carts. I also had an interest in straight razors which is now the only device I shave with.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general, what did you do?

I worked for various insurance companies primarily as a Personal Lines underwriter but also had postings in analytical positions. My final and favorite was in Product Development where I wrote and edited insurance contracts where I was given assignments and simply left alone to complete my task with little or no corporate BS to distract me – that was the beautiful part. I finally had an opportunity to put my degree in English to use as I actually knew how to punctuate – a seemingly lost art which I am now forgetting of course.

03. What part of the country were you born in do you like most?

I was born in Appalachia, VA and I liked that least of anywhere I’ve ever lived. The town was dying and decrepit. Were I younger and had the opportunity, I believe I would like to live in France as I believe the culture to be more fitting to my personality.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Now that I’m retired, I would have to say “just where I am now” because I now live on the border of where the Hell are we? There is little traffic because there is little worth seeing on the other side of town in the mountains except beautiful nature which attracts few as well as the fact very few people have any idea where Walhalla, SC is or that it actually exists. Since the Valkyries brought us here a bit over a year ago, we have been enormously happy – sort of like living in the 1950’s.

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?

Fly Fishing and sleeping late.

06. Why did you choose the Avatar that you use now?

Because I love my Schnauzers

07. If you could choose any person I the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a beer with?

That’s the easiest question yet – Victor Davis Hanson.

08. What is something you’d like to do but have not had the opportunity to do it?

Fish for brook trout in mountain creeks with someone to guide and teach me.

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life you are proud of?

Having two healthy sons both of whom have turned out well

10. What is one piece of advice you would offer to people in general?

Never forget how to laugh.

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would it be?

That’s a difficult one. I really can’t think of one I wouldn’t abuse and destroy the planet by accident or somethin.
Perhaps to be able to play guitar like Justin Johnson; that would certainly be a super power.

12. If you had to choose to be a king of animal, what would it be?

A Schnauzer of course – but only if owned by me.

13. What kind of music to you like?

Rock from the 60’s and 70’s – my college days. Bob Dylan, Stones, Beatles and so on.

14. If you could be any movie character, who would it be?

Bogart in “Casablanca” perhaps.

15. If someone wrote a book about you life, what would the title of the book be?

“Burn This Book, You Have Better Things to Do”

Great interview. Extra points awarded for Bogart, Dylan, the Stones and Schnauzers. I imagine that beer/conversation with Victor Davis Hanson would be extremely enlightening compared to the short segments allotted him on the news.
Thanks for sharing.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
🤔 A fine read. VDH-approved.

Two of my neighbors had three schnauzers between them, and would frequently walk them together.

I'd drive by, wave and shout "Send out the Schnauzerforce!," or some variation thereof.

AA

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
🤔 A fine read. VDH-approved.

Two of my neighbors had three schnauzers between them, and would frequently walk them together.

I'd drive by, wave and shout "Send out the Schnauzerforce!," or some variation thereof.

AA
Ah yes, schutzschnauzer. Even though they are brothers, one walks slowly and the other quickly so I get to take two walks every day.

I’m finding VDH books to be as good as his interviews - so intelligent and learned but down to earth.

Top Bottom