What's new

Starbucks Shutting Down All Teavana Stores

Sad. Teavana has some nice herbal teas. Starbucks coffee is beyond horrible. YMMW

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Teavana, liked Starbucks, is overpriced. I used to buy teas from an online company called Special Teas, headed by Jurgen Link. Their teas were excellent and prices good. They went out of business in 2011 and Link went to work for Teavana.

I don't regret Teavana going belly up. Starbucks should stick to what they know--coffee business. There are a lot of premium online tea retailers whose tea is reasonably priced. You can still make a superior cup of the finest tea for under a dollar.

For purposes of full disclosure, I'm not a coffee drinker and know very little about tisanes, so my experience is as a tea drinker of many years.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I liked teavana but don't usually frequent. My gripe is getting tea from a coffee place like Starbucks, the water they use is always about 1000 degrees.

Teavana, liked Starbucks, is overpriced. I used to buy teas from an online company called Special Teas, headed by Jurgen Link. Their teas were excellent and prices good. They went out of business in 2011 and Link went to work for Teavana.

I don't regret Teavana going belly up. Starbucks should stick to what they know--coffee business. There are a lot of premium online tea retailers whose tea is reasonably priced. You can still make a superior cup of the finest tea for under a dollar.

For purposes of full disclosure, I'm not a coffee drinker and know very little about tisanes, so my experience is as a tea drinker of many years.

+1

We had a nice local tea shop (Teaopia) which was bought out by Starbucks/Teavana some years ago.
I found the Teavana shop to be overpriced and of a lower qaulity.

Since then a better family run tea shop has opened up,with a large selection. Also online stores provide better tea than Starbucks/Teavana.

Indictment on American tea drinkers or the death of retail? Either way, I'll continue to buy my tea online.
I believe I read that the main reason cited was a decline in mall traffic. I have not been into one since they were acquired by Starbucks so I do not know their atmosphere but I had expected them to become mini-Starbucks with a focus on tea rather than coffee, so I was a little surprised that the whole operation folded.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Don't blame me. When they were first acquired, I fired off a letter to the CEO of Starbucks advising him that Teavana wasn't nearly snooty enough to fit the Starbucks model, nor did they roast their product into the tasteless oblivion expected by their clientele.

Once again, my sage advice is ignored. Now they must suffer.

That's a shame. They were profoundly generous with their samples and staffed with perky co-eds. If I didn't have a great mom and pop tea store nearby I would have given them most of my business.

Don't blame me. When they were first acquired, I fired off a letter to the CEO of Starbucks advising him that Teavana wasn't nearly snooty enough to fit the Starbucks model, nor did they roast their product into the tasteless oblivion expected by their clientele.

Once again, my sage advice is ignored. Now they must suffer.
Nice!

Business has no bearing on the customer.

Something does not produce it is closed down

In a better world that part would have been sold off and employees and customers retained.

BUT

That would mean a possible instant competitor

Starbucks cannot survive with competition

SO ba bye everyone. BUT you can still enjoy your local Starbucks as it's the only choice you have.

I do admit I liked the 2016 Joy tea from teavana and I would like to experience the Joy 2017 in stores. I also like their hardware- steepers, mugs, etc. were decent if you stayed away from the excessively fancy ones.

Kind of unfortunate that teavana will have to compete with adiago, david's tea, and similar very large online tea stores. I hope they survive if only because I want my joy 2017, and joy 2018... etc. Until a company comes out with a brew similar to Joy, I will desire it.

My wife likes Teavana so I'm going to have to let her know of its impending closure, if the one near us hasn't closed already. It wasn't the tea itself that she liked so much as how they prepared their samples, which she would then do herself at home. She tended towards their citrus type teas. Her favorite though is not a Teavana tea. It's called Tibetan Tiger. I even like it.

Top Bottom