What's new

SRAD is Hitting Me Hard...

Holy crap! I've felt like I've gotten a little carried away, picking up about a half dozen new razors last week. I guess I'm doing pretty good compared to you crazies!

One thing that limits my RAD- I'm a yard/estate sale digger. I never spend more than $5 for a razor, it seems. So my "collection" consists of what comes to me locally, which has been working out pretty well since most of the razors that I've found have been either well liked classics (super speeds, fatboys), interesting variations (Gem/ever ready SE's) and the occasional rare/desirable collector's favorites (a '30's open comb aristocrat!).

In a few moments of weakness I've purchased razors from the BST forum and ebay, but only when I'm quite sure the deal is very good and it's a razor I really want.

As long as I'm relatively poor and have lots of time, I think this is a great way to keep things under control and have some fun!

and I have a problem. I started with a Superspeed grabbed up a Tech than a Slim adjustable a travel Old Style a Stahly Live blade, Ball End Open Comb and waiting for two Old Style three piece open combs. I have come to the conclution that I like the open combs and the Techs better than anything else so I unloaded the SS and the Slim. I'll probably dump the Stahly as well. I'm pretty much over the RAD.

MMMM Brushes yes brushes I feel the need............

And I thought I had it bad just because I bought 2 Aristocrats (plus a few others) today. Now I see I'm not addicted at all. :laugh:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I am lucky... after trying many razors (like 7 or 9, not 35 or 40), I have settled on one that works best for me: the humble Merkur HD. Gonna sell some of my other razors. SBAD is itching at me though... I bought a Rooney 3/1 in finest, and, despite advice to the contrary, am having trouble believing it's the best I can get.

Welcome to the RAD race Gentlemen! Just to let you know what you're up against, I took delivery of my first DE on Sept. 1st. This pic was taken the first week of October... and this isn't even close to what a current pic would look like :scared:. I like to think I'll eventually get caught up and have shaved with each one I've bought. But 7 were delivered a few days ago. And earlier today, I won a bid on a lot of 8 I expected to be outbid on, then tonight I've come home to find I'd won another bid for one... :crying:

proxy.php

I am speechless:drool:. I think I have it too. I have bought 3 in 5 days. Hopefully my wife will understand

I've only been wet shaving for less than a month. Started with a Super Speed and just got a Merkur HD 34G. The two of these will have to do. My protection against going crazy with DE's is an obsession with silent films (over 300). Can't afford two addictions....I hope.

I believe the technical term is RAD, where SRAD applies to straights. In either case, the prognosis is grim. My best to you and yours.

I think that SRAD can be a little more expensive then RAD. Factor in, strops, hones, pastes, travel strops and then custom razors and restores and it gets interesting.

easier said then done.. That is what I told the wife I was done buying pipe when I hit 5 lbs, well I am now up to 12lbs 8oz.:scared:

Well, indeed, I might try to snatch one more on eBay this week... But just one ! :tongue_sm

Well, indeed, I might try to snatch one more on eBay this week... But just one ! :tongue_sm
And that is how it starts. Just one more pound of tobacco, or in this case one more pipe this weak and no more. it don't work like that. But it could be worse.

I thought you had more like 15 lb's of pipe tobacco, not to mention the 300 or so cigars.

At this point I have no idea IB of what I have. I have 256 cigar minus the 3 we smoked a few nights ago and the 3 we will smoke on Thursday, so I guess I have 250 cigar and yep it is around 15lbs 8 oz according to tobaccocellar.net

Top Bottom