What's new

SR LOAN-OUT (AU only) - T.R. Cabman ¾ Bengall

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
This offer is available to Australian residents only.

I have a pre 1924 T.R. Cadman & Sons ¾ Bengall SR that I lend out so that an Australian B&B member can experience one of my diamond pasted balsa strop finished edges.

IMG_20211231_163043.jpg

IMG_20211231_163023.jpg
I cover the postage to you. You then use and treat it as you own for a week or two. Then you post it back to me.

This offer only becomes available about once every month and I only lend it to those with a good B&B posting history. If interested, PM me with your request.

Last edited:
Yes it should take about a week to return to you. I don't know why but Australia Post is sooooo slow compared to how it once was.

I have a pre 1924 T.R. Cadman & Sons ¾ Bengall SR that I lend out so that an Australian B&B member can experience one of my diamond pasted balsa strop finished edges.

I cover the postage to you. You then use and treat it as you own for a week or two. Then you post it back to me.

This offer only becomes available about once every month and I only lend it to those with a good B&B posting history. If interested, PM me with your request.

Ah nice offer R :).

I'd be all over this chance to try a really good diamond balsa edge and see how it compares, but am moving back to the UK soon so I'll just have to get practising myself instead!

Yep.
I've got a Bengall already that I've honed up just with a synthetic bevel setter and a LOT of laps on a hard ark...both razors have that smooth controllable silky feeling...seems like a Bengall's gonna Bengall...
The diamond stropped one though is the next level of sharp.
Easy stuff like cheeks, didn't notice much difference.
Tricky neck bits, waaaay easier to control.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how close I was able to get with half an idea what I'm doing and an incomplete progression...but I didn't get it this good.

Ah nice offer R :).

I'd be all over this chance to try a really good diamond balsa edge and see how it compares, but am moving back to the UK soon so I'll just have to get practising myself instead!
Give me a shout when you are here in the UK.

I have links to everything you need to make your own strops, and you can try-before-you-buy to see if you like it.

So how do you know it is pre 1924? Is it because it has no jimps?

Give me a shout when you are here in the UK.

I have links to everything you need to make your own strops, and you can try-before-you-buy to see if you like it.

Ah cheers! I'm actually back in the UK now, I was kindly given some balsa and pastes already by @Tomo, but I found that they worked wonders for knife polishing so used them on that instead. So if you have any good recommendations for somewhere in the UK to get some more diamond pastes, that'd be great...

Hi Rbscebu
I think I might take you up on your offer. I live in Sydney but will be going on holidays to outback Qld in a few weeks time and back late Sept. Will discuss it with you then. Looking forward to a balsa shave.

cheers
Andrew

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Hi Rbscebu
I think I might take you up on your offer. I live in Sydney but will be going on holidays to outback Qld in a few weeks time and back late Sept. Will discuss it with you then. Looking forward to a balsa shave.

cheers
Andrew
Great. I'll put you on my list. Probably best if I post it to you about a week before you get back from your holidays. It then should arrive to you about the same time as you get home.

I have thoroughly enjoyed using this razor, and it will be back on its way very soon.
I have an almost identical pre 1924 Bengall that I'm almost finished honing up after the online honing class...I might do a back to back comparo tomorrow, then get this one posted back... would be interesting to compare my edge against yours on functionally the same razor.

Thanks again!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I have thoroughly enjoyed using this razor, and it will be back on its way very soon.
I have an almost identical pre 1924 Bengall that I'm almost finished honing up after the online honing class...I might do a back to back comparo tomorrow, then get this one posted back... would be interesting to compare my edge against yours on functionally the same razor.

Thanks again!
Great to hear. @bernie01 is looking forward to giving this SR a try.

Top Bottom