What's new

Spray watering lathered face

I saw a video of a guy reviewing a razor. He would face lather pretty thick dense layer and use a spray bottle to wet it down and soften it up. I started doing it. Particularly with palm lathering. Any other gents do this?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I saw a video of a guy reviewing a razor. He would face lather pretty thick dense layer and use a spray bottle to wet it down and soften it up. I started doing it. Particularly with palm lathering. Any other gents do this?
There are few you tubers that do the misting, they are talking and demonstrating and the mister seems like a good way to keep viewers in focus on the them while they carry on & talk.
I also use a atomizer or mister when bowl lathering and very rarely to moisturize lather on the face that seems to have dried out on the face while preparing my shave.
I find 2 squeezes on the this mister equals about 12 drops of water but over a larger area. This newest generation of misters are very different than a lot of regular misters and I find it does a exceptional job, barbers use this type of mister for hair clipping also.
My bowl misting lathering has never been better than just dipping the tips of my brush in the water for over 3 + years.
I find when bowl lathering is squeeze most moisture out of the brush and start bowl lathering until it starts to cream up and then add a little water from tips of brush, hand or from my mister atomizer works the best IMO.
(L) common mister works well...................(C) newest generation of misting or atomizers.....(R)excellent results bowl lathering.
(click picture to enlarge)
Misted Haslinger soap.jpg
Atomizer sprayer!.jpg
Atomizer sprayer making lather.jpg

Have some great shaves.

I use a $.99 plastic utility spray bottle. Keeps me from dumping in too much water when bowl lathering. If lather starts to dry out during a pass, it evenly and quickly spreads hydration over face and head.

I use a cheap "Face Value" sprayer that came from Harmon. Super fine mist that puts just the right amount of water across the whole lather bowl. I also use it to keep my face moist with the proto lather while building the lather in the bowl.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Using a mist spray would work well, but it is completely wrong. You mustn’t do it. It is effete - weak, effeminate, devoid of skill or feeling, an affectation - and it goes against everything that razor shaving is about.
Me man. Me scrape off facial hair with rock.

edit: ^ I meant that just as a joke, you do you.

Using a mist spray would work well, but it is completely wrong. You mustn’t do it. It is effete - weak, effeminate, devoid of skill or feeling, an affectation - and it goes against everything that razor shaving is about.
If you learn how to make lather properly (face or bowl), you don't need gimmicky spray bottles either.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I'm all for well hydrated lather, but I'm not one for superfluous kit or consumables. I like things kept relatively simple. Most of the time, I don't even use post shave products.

I just paint extra water in with the brush. If I happen to drown it, waiting thirty seconds to a minute, then giving a quick swirl with the brush, usually fixes it.

Top Bottom