Lord Platinum

9212B7CB-1ED1-431D-B97B-2B621F07117A.jpeg
8236DFC9-0841-41D6-AA2D-7D89FFA4B8CA.jpeg

Sun 25 Tobacco Scents SOTD
Soap PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + PAA Cavendish
My undisputed number 1 shave soap! Super aromatic sweet pipe scent...good strength too. The lather was very creamy and slick too...awesome!
The shave with razor paired with the blade was very good. Previous initial use with this blade was not so good but this time it was crisply sharp, very smooth, and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish. Superb aftershaves especially with the matching Cavendish.
20210424_202158.jpg

20210425_105201.jpg

Razorock Zi’Peppino
Semogue 820
Parker 87R
Voskhod

Ok I have no idea what green tobacco leaf smells like but I will be shocked if it’s like this. This was like strong old-lady perfume to my nose. But thankfully it changes and mellows quite a bit when you lather it. It’ll be interesting to see if Zi’Peppino grows on me. It says “green tobacco” so I’m posting it here 😁

0FABE88E-E729-4697-9A74-0C052BAA2A50.jpeg
057B8A8E-22B7-4336-9ABE-C7AB6F24672C.jpeg

Wed 5th Tobacco Scented SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann TFMOM
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express 2 Band Badger
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Gillette London Bridge 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Barrister & Mann TFMOM Balm
Really special scented soap. Cigarish/Tobaccoish scented and kinda sweet? The lather was creamy and good slickness...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very good. Very smooth and comfortable for 3passes without issues for a mostly bbs finish. Awesome cooling from MitA and the AS balm truly lasted and was able to enjoy the aromatic Cigarish/Tobaccoish scent for many hours.
20210505_102104.jpg

Fri 14 Tobacco Scents SOTD
Soap Van Yulay Puros La Habana
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Russian Astra Superior Stainless 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel BayRum + Hyaluronic + Clubman Whiskey Woods
Nice cigarish scent from the soap but lather quality was just ok. Slick enough for the task.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good again...reasonably smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish. Aftershaves were awesome, interestingly the witch hazel bayrum scent absolutely overpowers the whiskey woods.
20210514_115236.jpg

Fri 14 Tobacco Scents SOTD
Soap Van Yulay Puros La Habana
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Russian Astra Superior Stainless 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel BayRum + Hyaluronic + Clubman Whiskey Woods
Nice cigarish scent from the soap but lather quality was just ok. Slick enough for the task.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good again...reasonably smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish. Aftershaves were awesome, interestingly the witch hazel bayrum scent absolutely overpowers the whiskey woods.
View attachment 1266311
Love the looks of that brush!

Soap: RR Zi’Peppino (green tobacco)
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Ladas SS
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Red Resin Silvertip

Wonderful performing soap but the scent is a bit too perfumy for me. Lathers great tho.

I really like the Ladas Super Stainless blades. Had a very nice shave with them in the Piccolo. They have worked great in all my razors actually.

2DB6305C-2B22-48AB-9A9A-E786F99A11F3.jpeg
7F5707F1-1B14-4BF0-9294-D1037E1459E5.jpeg

Mon 24 Tobacco Scent SOTD (with the just received matching balm)
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Pearl Flexi Adjustable V1
Blade Derby Premium 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Alum + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Henri et Victoria Cognac &Cuban Cigars Aftershave Balm
Nice aromatic cigarish & maybe cognac scent? The lather was good enough.
Shave with the heavyweight razor paired with the blade was good using between setting 3 to 2 for 3passes without any issues for a dfs+ result. After 2 days of using the light-weight AC razors...this heavy razor shave was a surprise...
Aftershaves were awesome with the matching HetV balm prolonging the great aromatic scent!!!
20210524_094600.jpg

Tue 25 Tobacco Scents SOTD
Soap Blackship Grooming Captain's Pipe New 1st Use
Brush
Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue
Razor Yaqi Knight Helmet
Blade Wetell Super Stainless 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Alum + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice + HeV CCC Balm
Got the soap sample on a whim and man it was a great one!! Very nice aromatic tobacco pipe-ish scent although wishing it was stronger but it's ok. Lather quality is good too...creamy and slick. So glad to get this...thanks to fellow tobacco sotd members...
The shave with this aggressive razor (rarely used) paired with the blade was a good combo...reasonably smooth, comfortable, and surprisingly not much blade chatter going atg on the chin & lips areas. 3passes for a bbs to dfs result. Aftershaves were awesome...just love the HeV CCC lasting aroma!
20210525_114156.jpg

Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Zenith B10
Soap: CTS Tobacco & Amber

My fourth shave with the Muhle R41. Very efficient and comfortable shave. Worked up a great buttery-smooth lather on my face with the Zenith and the Tobacco & Amber soap. Really makes for a nice shave. Love the scent it’s just very mild.

000E47FD-DC93-447A-AA8D-249F65C7E336.jpeg
781517DD-941A-4B22-BE8A-9E4436F00F01.jpeg

Fri 28 SE SOTD with Sunset and Sunrise...
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade Feather Professional 5th
Post & Aftershaves Alum + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars Balm
Love the aromatic scent of the soap. Today's lather was creamy and slick...
This razor paired with the blade was another excellent, smooth, comfortable, and efficient shave. 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish. Aftershaves were excellent.
20210528_072546.jpg

Sun 30 Tobacco SE SOTD
Soap Blackship Grooming Captain's Pipe
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Shick Proline P-30 (UK) 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Alum + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
I am loving this soap! A light but very nice aromatic scent, good creamy and slick lather too...
Shave with razor paired with the blade in 3passes was another smooth, comfortable, effortless, efficient, and enjoyable session!! Excellent aftershaves!
20210529_194546.jpg

20210530_094040.jpg

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Hey, thanks for asking. I am very well and great news! I am going home today (after 15days)...in a couple of hours...
Must still perform the daily shave and postings first...hahahaha 😆
Safe trip home. Enjoy being back with your loved ones.

1622433197405.png

It has been a while since last time I've used this soap. Thx @Chard52142 for the recent review.
This soap has his own distinctive scent. Great cherry pipe. The lather is slick! Good stuff.
Ohhhh Yeah this a good pipe scent...not sweet at all...just very aromatic, love it!! Alas, I have just a small sample...so gotta be prudent...hahahaha. Thanks, @Smooth and Sharp for sharing this soap a while ago...

Top Bottom