What's new

Shaving and Tobacco scents

Has anyone tried Los Jabones de Joserra Rodrigo de Jerez soap?
Was wondering about the scent, and also the soap base/ performance...

Heavenly nice 🙂
...and my wife likes it.
I might pick up some CK-6 in this scent soon.

For those who’ve had the opportunity to use both...
Is there a big improvement in the CK-6 soap base vs the previous one?
Considering there’s quite a significant price difference...

M

member 119848

I find the CK-6 to have more slickness than the original Crown King formula. Confession: I do prefer the CK-6 to Martin de Candre because it is richer, or more creamy, and I personally love PAA scents. But please keep in mind that judging a soap is subjective.

Now, is there a difference between the two formulas... probably, but not big. The original CK formula was already excellent to begin with. The CK-6 is an improvement, but the % increase in performance does not mirror the % increase in price.
What justifies the increase in price are the costs of the raw materials used to make the CK-6, I think.

An interesting experiment would be to check if the CK-6 needs less soap to build a lather. (I will have to try to figure that out.)

Started a sample of Blackship Grooming's Captains Pipe today. Nice lather, not to sweet and not super strong scent. I like the stronger strength of Spitfire.
Imagepipe_4.jpg

I like the stronger strength of Spitfire.
Never tried Spitfire, is it similar scent but stronger?

Hopefully, this can help...my Thu 25th SOTD
Soap Phoenix & Beau Spitfire👍👍👍 How I wish I can get the splash...
Brush Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor Fatip OC Slant on Yaqi Handle
Blade KAI 3rd (Mysterious KAI Blades PIF Participation)
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Gatsby Splash
Excellent soap! Nice leathery tobacco scent and creamy slick lather! Love this (5.5/10 strength) masculine scent!
FOCS razor on the Yaqi handle feels better and paired with the blade gives a fantastic shave!! Crisply smooth and so comfortable for 3passes for a mostly bbs result. Good blade + good razor = Great combo!
20210224_225739.jpg

20210225_072746.jpg

Sun 28th SOTD
Soap Van Yulay Puros La Habana - I am enjoying this good strength straight-up cigar/tobacco soap
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express Badger
Razor Gillette Fatboy F4
Blade Gillette London Bridge 3rd Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Wood
2nd use of this soap and man...the scent is really something. It's lasting too as I can still smell it a few hours later. I am liking it more & more. Performance is okok only.
Best ever shave with this vintage razor and blade pairing. Very crisp, felt so smooth and comfortable. 3passes at setting 9-9-7 for a very close mostly bbs result. The pleasure was enhanced by the aftershave...really wow!
20210228_103953.jpg

Tue 9th SOTD
Soap Stirling Haverford
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade KAI 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + PAA Cavendish
Excellent soap qualities. Thickly creamy and slick with a super aromatic scent!! Love this soap!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was really nice. Smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs result. The aftershave is excellent and matched well with the soap. Very enjoyable shave session. Rating 10/10!
I am still enjoying the aromatic pipe tobacco scent 5 hours later...
20210309_100708.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy

My personal opinion...I have Space Nog in CK-6 and I have Atomic Age Bay Rum and Classico Bay Rum in their regular CK formula. There is a difference in slickness...no question, CK-6 being slicker...but I prefer the regular CK formula. It's just a personal preference. They're both good though. PAA has become one of my favorite soap artisans.

Sat 13th Tobacco SOTD
Soap
Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars New 1st Use!
Brush
Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Rocket HD
Blade KAI 5th (Mysterious KAI Blades PIF Participation)
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Wood
New cigar soap! From the tub...too mild but can detect something aromatic. The actual scent only comes out during lathering and ohhh my..very nice...aromatic cigar scent..though abit too mild for my nose. Struggled to get more... the performance was good.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was ok. Mostly smooth and comfortable for 3passes for a bbs to dfs result without any issues. The light cigarish scent remains after rinsing...very nice. Wish I had gotten the balm too so the scent can last longer
Hmmm...this soap jumps up to my number 3 fav of tobacco/cigar soaps...
20210313_090206.jpg

Top Bottom